Quality Engineer Technician
Company: Day & Zimmerman
Posted on: May 4, 2021
About Day & Zimmermann
Day & Zimmermann is a century-old, family-owned company whose
21,000 employees specialize in construction & engineering, staffing
and defense solutions for leading corporations and governments
around the world. Operating from more than 150 worldwide locations
with 2.2 Billion USD in revenue, Day & Zimmermann is currently
ranked as one of the largest private companies in the U.S. by
Forbes. Founded in 1901 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, our
first work was to develop "Betterment Reports" that helped
modernize American factories. Today, we are still in the business
of betterment -- maintaining the nation's power infrastructure,
protecting American freedoms and driving technological advancements
around the world. We do what we say.--
Full time Quality Engineer Technician opportunity at Day &
Zimmermann located in Texarkana, TX.
The Work You?ll Be Doing:
- Support manufacturing processes by carrying out Inspection
Plans and Standard Operating Procedures that detail inspection and
testing required by product specifications and drawings.
- Collect, generate and analyze data/reports for proactive defect
prevention. Generate and compile daily or weekly reports.
- Perform Process Audits to ensure compliance with SOP and
- Support Nonconforming Material processing and reporting to
ensure proper handling, identifying and recommending areas for
- Perform Statistical Process Control chart analysis and provide
feedback to Operations --
- Participates and contributes to root cause investigations of
defective product and in continuous improvement projects to reduce
or eliminate scrap and rework.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.--
- Associate's degrees with STEM curriculum in Industrial
Technology, Manufacturing or Mechanical Technology or Statistical
- 2 years of experience --(or AS degree)
- AS9001/ISO 9001 Knowledge. Defense manufacturing experience
with munitions, metal fabrication preferred
- Successful completion of background screening process.
The Big Picture ? Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Strong analytical, statistical and mathematical skills. Ability
to understand and review Statistical Process Control charts.
- Capable of collecting data and generating Pareto analysis/yield
reports and statistical analysis. Ability to identify and process
- Proficient in the use of computers and software including
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook and Project.--
Minitab or other statistical software skills desired.
- Ability to participate in root cause investigations, First
Article Inspections, Lot Acceptance Testing including interfacing
with government and customer representatives. Ability to perform
process audits against procedures and specifications.--
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and drawings.
Ability to use measurement (i.e. Calipers, micrometer, drop
indicator, etc.) and test equipment.
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to
transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect
objects, to operate machinery.
- Balancing (e.g., maintaining equilibrium when walking,
climbing, crouching etc.)
- Stooping (e.g., bending the spine at the waist)
- Reaching (e.g., reaching arms or legs in any
- Lifting motion or lifting objects more than 10 lbs.
- Repetitive motion of any part of the body.
- Kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Pushing or pulling (e.g., using a part of your body to press
against something in a downward or outward direction, or in a
dragging or hauling motion)
- Manual Dexterity (e.g., picking, pinching, typing, or other
working that uses the fingers)
- Grasping (e.g., use of hand to apply pressure)
- Feeling (e.g., perceiving and object?s size, shape, texture
- Climbing (e.g., ascending/descending ladders, stair,
scaffolding, ramps, pole etc. using feet and legs or hands/arms to
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of
- Ability to read complex documents in the English
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English
- Capacity to express thoughts orally (e.g., accurately, quick
and loudly convey spoken instructions to workers)
- Ability to wear a mask, respirator, bullet proof vest, or other
- Ability to regularly perform all job functions at Company?s
office or work site
- Ability to withstand environmental conditions (e.g. extreme
heat or cold, grass, wind, sand, fumes, odors, gases, extreme
- Expertise in any specific software required? (Microsoft Office
Suite, Microsoft Visio)
What?s In It For You?
Candidates that are hired will receive a competitive base salary,
401k, a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, parental leave
and paid time off.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now!
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive
workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and
promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our
collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse
employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on
promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws
prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status,
veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed
to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full
compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation in the application
process, please email , and please specify which position you are
interested in, including job title and location.
--Yoh Staffing. Keywords: Quality Control / Quality Assurance
Engineer, Location: Texarkana, TX - 75599
Keywords: Day & Zimmerman, Longview , Quality Engineer Technician, Engineering , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!