Supply Chain Industrial Engineer
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
Supply Chain Industrial Engineering position will work in one of
our six regions and will be responsible for our processes and
procedures, engineered labor standards, maintaining our labor
management system, continuous improvement, data analytics, and
project management. This position will be responsible for the
development, testing, change management, and execution of the all
the key engineering focus areas to achieve our expected safety,
quality, and productivity goals. The individual for this position
must have strong foundations in all IE principles and must
understand general distribution processes and operations. The
individual for this position also will serve as a change agent with
our operations partners and must be able to drive execution of our
process and procedures.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Processes and Procedures
* Develop, implement, and maintain preferred methods and standard
operating procedures for all warehouse functions.
* Evaluate current processes and procedures through process mapping
to identify opportunities to improve safety, quality, and
* Training and coaching exempt leadership around new methods or
compliance and opportunities around current processes, methods, and
Engineering Labor Standards & Labor Management Systems
* Development and maintenance of engineered labor standards through
predetermined systems such as MOST, MTM, MSD, etc.
* Conduct time studies and analyze time study data.
* Maintain labor management system layouts, setup, and
* Training and coaching of exempt leadership team on utilization of
labor management systems and standards.
* Root cause analysis including observations, developing
recommendations, and implementing improvement opportunities to
improve safety, quality, and productivity.
* Develop, identify ROI, present, and implement cost saving
opportunities through key LEAN and Six Sigma principles.
Data Analytics & Data Mining
* Data mining of large data sets to understand key opportunities in
relationship to safety, quality, and productivity.
* Present data findings to operations team in a way that can be
interpreted and actioned.
* Develop project plans and action items to support key company
initiatives. Support key improvements through proper
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
* Thorough knowledge of key distribution processes including the
development and implementation of methods, process steps, and
standard operating procedures.
* Thorough knowledge of distribution operations including building
setup, labor planning, slotting optimization, etc.
* Thorough knowledge of work measurement disciplines to including
engineering labor standards, time study, methods time measurement,
master standard data, etc.
* Thorough knowledge or labor management systems and tracking (Blue
Yonder, Manhattan, etc.)
* Lead change management processes with ability to translate
recommendations into clear and precise functional requirements.
* Strong analytical, decision making, and problem-solving
skillsPerform advanced analysis including process mapping,
simulation, statistical modeling, and process re-engineering
* Knowledge of distribution process improvement methodologies
(lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
* Strong influencing skills with internal stakeholders
* Ability to handle confrontational situation in a mature and
professional mannerProficiency in Microsoft excel and Microsoft
Office SuiteStrong organizational and project management skills
* Strong communication skills within all tiers of the
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
required. At least 5 years of warehouse experience required. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
* Ability to travel up to 75%.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Longview , Supply Chain Industrial Engineer, Engineering , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!