ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER- WORKS VARIED SHIFTS- PAY RANGE IS $13.65 TO $18.50 HOURLY
Company: Road Runner
Posted on: April 4, 2021
--Reports to:--Store ManagerTitle: Assistant Store
ManagerClassification: Non-ExemptSafety Sensitive PositionPosition
Description Summary:The Assistant Manager is primarily responsible
for managing the store in the absence of the store Manager.--
Managerial responsibilities of the Assistant Manager shall consist
of, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:-- supervising
and directing the activities of employees, ensuring excellent
customer service, hiring, training and development of employees,
monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures,
maximizing sales and profitability, controlling expenses,
maintaining stock levels and inventory and ensuring the flawless
execution of programs.--Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising and directing the activities of employees.
- Ensuring excellent customer service.
- Hiring, training and development of employees.
- Monitoring compliance with company policies and
- Maximizing sales and profitability.
- Controlling expenses.
- Maintaining stock levels and inventory and ensuring the
flawless execution of programs.--
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Store manager, for
accomplishing store goals/objectives.
- Assist Store Management in creating a positive store culture by
treating employees fair and with respect.
- Maintains familiarity with all duties and responsibilities
required of staff and performs those duties as required.
- Regularly communicates with Store Manager regarding store
operations, staff performance, staff scheduling and any issues that
- Will cover any and/or all Store Manager job responsibilities
during the absence of Store Manager.
- Oversees and ensures that the overall store condition complies
with company values and standards including: (1) cleanliness, (2)
store and foodservice, (3) sanitation, (4) customer service and (5)
- Manage quality and consistent marketing and merchandising of
store and foodservice programs.
- Engages with merchandising team to suggest ways to increase
sales, expand markets and promote our business
- Ensures quality and consistent implementation of all marketing,
merchandising, foodservice and gasoline programs to maintain an
awareness of safety and security and high level of store
- Plans and prepares work schedules to provide the best possible
level of customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with product dating, and in
particular checking for out of date merchandise daily, and tagging
specific merchandise with out of date codes, as well as items that
need to be discarded.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leads efforts to improve team usage of technology and learning
the Road Runner business.--Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to manage inventory
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work overtime when requiredBasic Qualifications:
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Two (2) year degree or above is strongly preferred.
- Three years' experience in retail is required
- A minimum of one (1) year of convenience store experience is
- Previous management experience of fast food, restaurant, retail
or convenience operations is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass MVR
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Availability to work evenings and weekends is required
- A minimum of one-year supervising and training employees is
- Intermediate computer skills required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be willing to obtain certifications required by state
regarding food service, alcohol and tobacco sales
- Must be adept at basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing
- Must have solid communication skills (written and verbal)Equal
Keywords: Road Runner, Longview , ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER- WORKS VARIED SHIFTS- PAY RANGE IS $13.65 TO $18.50 HOURLY, Executive , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!