Registered Nurse RN Case Manager Hospice - Idabel, OK - Hospice Palliative Care RN
Company: Mays Home Health
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Mays Hospice Care
Job Title/Position: Registered Nurse Case Manager
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor/Director of Nurses
--Job Description SummaryThe registered nurse plans, organizes and
directs hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis
on community health education/experience. -- The professional nurse
builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct
services to meet the needs of individual and families within their
homes and communities.--
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. --One (1) to two
(2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional
setting, prefer one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in
hospice or home care.
- Current licensure in State, and valid driver's
- Management experience not required. --Responsible for
supervising hospice aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. -- Able to lift,
position and/or transfer patients. -- Able to lift supplies and
equipment. --Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling
and/or crouching. --Visual acuity and hearing to perform required
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities--Patient Care
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to
determine hospice needs. --Provides a complete physical assessment
and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
Writing and initiating plan of care
Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
Revising the plan of care as necessary
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. --Includes
the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. --Monitors medications and treatments as prescribed by
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient's and family's efforts toward dealing with
a terminal diagnosis and the grieving process while providing
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient's condition and care given. --Records
pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
physicians' orders as required.
- --Communicates with the members of the interdisciplinary team
to coordinate the plan of care.
- Teaches the patient and caregiver self-care techniques as
appropriate. --Provides instructions on medication, comfort
measure, and diet as ordered by the physician and utilizes
opportunities for offering psychosocial and spiritual counseling
for patients and families/caregivers through the hospice social
worker and chaplain.
- Aids in maintaining a safe environment for the
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members
in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice
Interdisciplinary Team Members to meet the emotional needs of the
patient and family/caregiver.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Group meetings.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services--are available.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance and participation in continuing education and
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case
- Actively participates in quality management program.
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may
include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
-- CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Agency personnel are expected to participate in appropriate
continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their
immediate supervisor. --In addition, agency personnel are expected
to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities
to enhance job related skills and abilities. --All agency personnel
must attend mandatory educational programs.----
Keywords: Mays Home Health, Longview , Registered Nurse RN Case Manager Hospice - Idabel, OK - Hospice Palliative Care RN, Executive , Idabel, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!