Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) - RN Stonegate Senior Living - Texarkana, TX
Company: Stonegate Senior Living
Posted on: January 10, 2022
$2,500 Sign On Bonus!!!
The next step in your nursing career is here! Heritage Plaza
Nursing Center is seeking an experienced Assistant Director of
Nursing (RN) to join our management team. In this key management
role, you will help lead the delivery of clinical services. It's
the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your leadership abilities
and nursing expertise! Apply today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Nursing in planning, developing,
organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the day-to-day
functions of the Nursing Department.
- Participate in developing, maintaining, and updating our
written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day
functions of the nursing service department.
- Ensure that reference material maintained at the nurses'
stations is current.
- Recommend to the Director of Nursing written material that will
assist the nursing service department in meeting the day-to-day
needs of residents.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation
of the facility's quality assurance program for the nursing service
- Participate in facility surveys made by authorized government
agencies as requested by the Administrator or Director of
- Participate in developing, implementing, and periodically
updating the resident's written discharge plan.
- In the absence of the Director, serve on, participate in, and
attend various committees of the facility (i.e., Infection Control,
Policy Advisory, Pharmaceutical, Budget, Quality Assurance &
- Participate in the development, maintenance, implementation,
and updating of the written policies and procedures for the
administration, storage, and control of medications and
- Assist the Director of Nursing in determining the staffing
needs of the nursing service department.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in the recruitment and selection
of nursing service personnel.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure
that all nursing service personnel are performing their work
assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report
- Review complaints and grievances made or filed by department
personnel and make appropriate reports to the Director of Nursing
as required or as may be necessary.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of residents for
admission to the facility, including the PASARR
- Provide the Director of Nursing with information relative to
the nursing needs of the resident and to the nursing service
department's ability to meet those needs.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Report problem areas to the Director of Nursing Assist in
developing and implementing corrective action.
- Assist support services in developing, implementing, and
conducting in-service training programs that relate to the nursing
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs
designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, as well
as to maintain your license on a current status.
- Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support
departments, etc., to adequately plan for the residents'
- Requires on-call.
- Performs other related assignments as required.
- Current, valid licensure as a RN required
- Knowledge regarding licensure requirements in long-term
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a long-term care
- Management/Supervisory experience required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed
- Strong written and verbal skills required
Keywords: Stonegate Senior Living, Longview , Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) - RN Stonegate Senior Living - Texarkana, TX, Executive , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!