Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: May 14, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout BioLife Plasma ServicesEvery day at
BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the
lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our
donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a
team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a
comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly
environment.BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda
Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE Supports the center
manager and management team in the achievement of center production
and cost goals while maintaining compliance with regulatory and
quality requirements for a center producing approximately 60,000 or
more liters of plasma per year. Assists the center manager in the
administrative, regulatory, quality, personnel and facilities
management functions of the center.ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Operational management (60%)
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local and
company-specific rules, regulations, and practices related to
quality, to the safety of products, donors, and employees and to
the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Assists the center manager in identifying and implementing
improvements and changes to center pro- cesses
- Participates in the correction and prevention of audit
- Prepares routine reports and keeps management apprised of
center operations and operational is- sues.
- Ensures high levels of customer service and satisfaction. Meets
and strives to exceed customer ex- pectations.
- Maintain qualifications and at minimum performs all required
core duties for Medical History, Phlebot- omy, Sample Processing
and Operational Management areas. The Hiring Manager may require
cer- tain electives to ensure quality and production needs are met
and/or to ensure all responsibilities are efficiently executed.
Train new and existing staff on donor center procedures through
demonstration, instruction, observation, and feedback.
- Employee development (40%):
- Manages and develops talent within the center. Participates in
the selection of new staff and man- agement within the center.
Trains, coaches and mentors' staff.
- Participates in the interviewing of center staff and assists in
the selection of center staff.
- Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and
management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and
resolves conflicts proactively.
- Provides timely feedback on performance and initiates
disciplinary action when necessary.
- Participates in the evaluation and review of center staff.
- Ensures high levels of customer service and satisfaction. Meets
and strives to exceed customer expectations.DIMENSIONS AND
ASPECTSTechnical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Minimum of one year of relevant work experience, preferably in
a regulated industry or an equivalent com- bination of education
- Effective communication, interpersonal, technical and
- Ability to coach and develop a team of diverse
- Ability to understand, communicate, and apply technical
documents and instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Aptitude for working with production, financial marketing and
other statistical data is desirable.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on high-impact and/or
sensitive decisions (internal)
- Advises and counsels hourly staff on operational, safety, and
customer service concerns. (internal)
- Delivers performance and review feedback to hourly staff.
- Consults will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and pro- vide an
exceptional customer experience. (internal)
- Coordinates with external vendors and contractors for building
maintenance and other contracted services.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Effective coaching and counseling skills.Innovation
- May participate in the management of projects and new
initiatives within the center or across centers.
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Requires ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
leaning, reaching above shoulders and below knees, and lifting to
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with donors, in person
and on the phone. Requires depth percep- tion and vision at all
- Occasional travel. (Less than 10%)EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential: High School Diploma or
equivalent required.Desired: Associates or Bachelor's degree highly
- FLSA Classification (US) - Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsUSA - TX - LongviewWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Longview , Assistant Manager, Executive , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!