RN - Charge Nurse, Telemetry, Full Time, 7p-7a
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: March 18, 2020
Details:Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare
is in East TexasWhy University of Texas Health - East Texas? Our
People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other. Our Purpose. We will build on your
experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for
your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a
difference in someone s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
somebody here. Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health
East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics
across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000
licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare
services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals,
clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS
service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Charge Nurse. We are
looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in
our IMC where you will be responsible for: What You Will Be
- Coordinates and administers care to a unit specific patient
population utilizing a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to
ensure that each patient receives nursing care appropriate to
his/her illness or condition. Provides clinical supervision to the
clinical, professional, and auxiliary staff to ensure the
continuous delivery of quality patient care. Works cooperatively
with appropriate medical staff to ensure accomplishment of hospital
and departmental goals. Manages departmental activities in
accordance with hospital and departmental policy and ensures that
care is delivered consistent with physician s orders and treatment
protocols. Oversees the implementation of a plan of care
appropriate to each patient s needs. Skills :
- Must ensure appropriate and safe assignment of nursing care of
the nursing unit patients as appropriate to unit census.
- Must plan nursing care and ensure appropriate interventions
based on nursing diagnosis and in accordance with the physician s
- Must evaluate patient progress toward desired clinical
- Must maintain a safe environment for patients, visitors, and
- Must ensure nursing interventions are performed effectively and
- Must communicate effectively and utilize appropriate
interpersonal skills in problem-solving activities
- Must ensure continuity of patient care by establishing and
re-evaluating the patient s response to his/her plan of care and
- Must work collaboratively with all departments to ensure
patient safety, timeliness of care / procedures and discharge needs
or patients on the unit are met.
- Must work together as a team to ensure an excellent patient
experience. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, position patients and
possess physical strength sufficient to assist in
lifting/transferring patients and moving departmental
- Must possess digital dexterity.
- Must have keen sense of touch, smell, vision, and hearing.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Details: So what experience are we looking for in our Charge Nurse?
- Two years of inpatient / acute care nursing experience
- One year of Charge Nurse experience preferred. Education :
- Degree as a Registered Nurse from an accredited school of
professional nursing. Certification and Licensure :
- Current Texas RN license required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months
of employment required.
- Advanced Certification as applicable to the unit / department
assigned (preferred with in one year of accepting charge nurse
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience
we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in our patients
lives. The University of Texas Health East Texas is an equal
opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons
with disabilities). Associated topics: bsn, care unit, domiciliary,
hospice, intensive care, nurse rn, psychatric, surgical,
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Longview , RN - Charge Nurse, Telemetry, Full Time, 7p-7a, Healthcare , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!