Company: Summit LTC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Description:POSITION SUMMARYWe are looking for a skilled MDS
Coordinator to become a part of our facility's compassionate
care-giving team. The successful candidate will be responsible for
the completion of the federally required Minimum Data Set (MDS)
while adhering to the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and is
responsible for the implementation and ongoing evaluation of the
resident's comprehensive plan of care. Uses established work
systems and processes to facilitate quality of care and quality of
life while ensuring ongoing regulatory compliance with all
applicable laws and professional standards of practice. The MDS
Coordinator assumes nursing leadership functions within the nursing
team. Facilitates effective communication of resident needs and
issues to the team and fosters positive change,
professional/program growth and teamwork.We're looking for a highly
competent and well-organized professional who values safety,
security and patient wellness above all else. We focus on providing
the best care possible while ensuring patient satisfaction in every
interaction. The MDS Coordinator is responsible for making sure
those values are reflected in his or her staff at all
times.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes the Minimum Data Set assessments following RAI
process, including care plans and other assignments to meet Federal
and State regulations and quality expectations. Ensures completion
of all required reports according to prescribed time frames.
Ensures appropriate staff is informed of all significant changes of
condition and facilitates accuracy of all MDS information.
- Promotes clinical care that meets professional standards of
- May assign work and direct staff. Assists in the creation of
supporting systems that enable staff and empower team members to
jointly plan and deliver care. Role model collaboration and
partnership with physicians, primary staff, residents, families and
- Provides visionary leadership. Uses leadership principles to
anticipate and influence change. Determines resources and actions
needed to accomplish objectives. Set priorities and manage time
effectively. Identify potential problems/opportunities and plan
contingent action. Develop new and unique ideas to improve existing
systems or operations. Encourage innovative efforts in others. Seek
creative methods to resolve conflict. Gives clear directions,
explain reason for decisions, and solicit the input of staff to
enhance group capabilities.
- Uses independent judgment, related to, evaluating performance.
Uses appropriate interpersonal skills to guide others to accomplish
objectives, facilitates teamwork, participation and cooperation.
Delegates work so team members have the necessary direction,
authority and skills to complete assignments.
- Reviews all assigned quality reports/activities that affect
quality of care and quality of life for residents. Identifies gaps
in existing work processes and participates in resolution. Provides
assistance to the Administrator in the facilitation of the annual
development and implementation of a QAPI Plan, addressing all
aspects of clinical objectives. Develops staff to achieve quality
- Manage the Therapy Caseload and address Residents therapy needs
- Manages ABN's; Physician Certification and
- Oversee Medicare Part A Consolidated Billing Letters for
Hospital, Physicians, and Ambulance.
- Manage Electronic Kiosk charting systems including training new
and existing staff.
- Coordinate Managed Care authorization process.
- Coordinate the HHSC-OIG RUG Audits
- Monitor coding in QAPI
- Review and collection of ADR documentation.
- Provide Director of Nursing, Administrator, and pertinent staff
with the QAPI reports
- Serves as a clinical resource to safely manage admission,
discharge, and transfers. Reviews admission and re-admission
orders. Ensure month end documentation is completed and provide
education, direction and support as needed to team members.
- Coordinate and attends regular Medicaid/Medicare meetings to
discuss current residents, pending residents, and recipients.
- Participates in Triple Check Meetings.
- May provide assistance in the investigation of resident, family
and employee concerns, such as but not limited to Employee Injury
reports, resident concern or one-on-one meetings. Assists in
identifying root cause and recommends corrective action plan.
Prepares necessary and/or required reports according to department
- Follows each resident from admission to discharge and serves as
the care manager, working with resident, family, hands-on
caregivers, team and other entities as appropriate. Continually
engages hands-on caregivers in evaluating resident's response to
care and adjusts care approaches as needed. Ensures that each
resident's goals are clearly identified and that appropriate
interventions and timelines are established and communicated to the
- Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific
needs/issues of customers served. Demonstrates awareness of human
and resident's rights in all aspects of care, treating each
resident and co-worker with respect and dignity. Respects the
rights of residents and employees, provides privacy and maintains
- Works collaboratively with Environmental Services and other
departments to maintain a safe environment for each resident.
Maintains awareness of accident prevention practices and provides a
safe environment for the residents and staff.
- Participate in surveys (inspections) made by authorized
government agencies as may be requested.
- Follow the facility's established procedures.
- Report and investigate all allegations of resident abuse and/or
misappropriation of resident property.PM21.
Requirements:QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh
school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited
college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN or LVN
- Possession of a current valid Texas driver's license or regular
means of transportation to and from work.
- One (1) year of experience as a nurse in a skilled
rehabilitation, skilled nursing or Long-Term Care (LTC) environment
- One (1) year of clinical supervisory, management, or resource
- Experience/expertise in gerontological nursing is necessary to
perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be capable of operating a personal computer to enter
resident data as required by regulation and facility policy.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively
with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to long-term care.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high
level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with professional and
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law
enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
and holidays.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSMust possess a
current and active license to practice as a nurse in this
state.PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical
- Work requires physical activity including extended periods of
walking and standing with occasional climbing, reaching, carrying,
balancing, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or carry
equipment, files, and other materials weighing up to 50 pounds as
well as push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during
- Must be able to continuously perform simple manipulative
dexterity tasks such as the equipment listed above as well as
safety pin buckles and tie strings. Occasionally perform difficult
- Must be able to detect the smell of smoke, spoiled food, soiled
- The employee must be able to continuously hear normal sounds
and voice patterns with some background noise. Must have adequate
verbal instructions. Must be able to hear audible emergency
signals, alarms, call, light indicators and to be able to answer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Must be
able to continuously notice a change in the resident (breathing,
color, skin breakdown, etc.) Ability to focus and read a
- Visual abilities, correctable to normal ranges, include close,
distance and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those employee encounters while performing
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work is performed indoors in a health care facility.
- Work is performed during assigned shift; however, hours will
occasionally include varied days, hours, holidays, weekends, and
overtime as needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate,
but can occasionally be loud. Subject to frequent
- Incumbents in this position may be exposed to
infectious/communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, and
potential risk of injury from distraught individuals.
- Frequent exposure to chemical compounds of medication and
- Frequent exposure to microbial bacteria and other infectious
agents inherent to care of ill residents.
- Continuous exposure to latex, Tyvex, plastic and/or materials
which are used for personal protective equipment.
- Stress of working with sick residents and their families,
combined with the resident who may be confused, irrational, highly
agitate mood swings. (Frequently)
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and
federal agency personnel and residents.Summit LTC Management, LLC
is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
Keywords: Summit LTC, Longview , MDS LVN, Healthcare , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!