RN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation Specialist- PRN
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Summary:The clinical documentation specialist collaborates
extensively with physicians, nursing staff, other patient
caregivers and coding staff to improve the quality and completeness
of documentation of care provided and coded for coordination,
abstraction, and submission of accurate data required by CMS.
Facilitates concurrent modifications to clinical documentation to
insure commensurate reimbursement of clinical severity and services
rendered to patients with a DRG based payer (Medicare, Medicaid).
Supports timely, accurate and complete documentation of clinical
information used for measuring and reporting physician and facility
outcomes. Communicates with and educates all clinical staff
concerning accurate and effective clinical documentation.
- RN; BSN preferred
- Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer use (desktop and/or laptop).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding HIM coding
- Analytic skills necessary to accurately assess patient medical
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team in
order to influence physician documentation processes.
- Ability to walk and stand 80% of work time.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to workload/assignment
changes and interruptions. Ability to communicate effectively, both
verbally and in writing.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting
in a clinical nursing field required.
- Prior experience in clinical documentation improvement,
utilization review/management, discharge planning, quality
management, case management or coding preferred.
- Work Type:Per Diem As Needed
Req. No4127Job TitleRN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation
Specialist- PRNMarketCHRISTUS St MichaelCategoryRevenue
CycleFacilityCHRISTUS St Michael Health SystemAddress2600 St
Texarkana, TX 75503
USView On A MapView Other LocationsTypePRN
Keywords: Christus Health, Longview , RN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation Specialist- PRN, Healthcare , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!