Speech Language Pathologist (Pediatrics)
Company: Homecare Holdings
Posted on: May 14, 2022
-Come work for a Home Health company that really does "feel like
family"! At Home Healthcare has been in business for over 30 years
and although we have grown throughout Texas, we are still
individually owned with a small town feel. Home care is personal
for us and we want caring, qualified applicants to join our growing
family. - - -At Home Healthcare is passionate about helping
children and their families receive necessary care in the comfort
of home. Our pediatric care helps maintain stability in a child's
life and allows them to receive the individualized care they
need.We are looking for exceptional Speech Language Pathologist to
perform supervision of Assistants and therapy visits -for our
pediatric patients. -
- Provides assistance to the physician
in evaluation of client level of function; determine type of speech
or language disorder, and recommend appropriate corrective therapy
for client. Participates in development and modification of plan of
- Accurately provides speech and language disorder services which
can be safely administered in the client home as prescribed by the
- Provides complete evaluation of the client's home environment;
makes appropriate recommendations for improving the home
environment to the client and physician.
- Maintains current knowledge of client's condition through
observation; documents any changes in client condition to the
client file. Immediately reports any changes in client condition or
response to therapy to the physician and nursing supervisor.
- Recommends changes to the plan of care as appropriate;
implements changes in the plan of care upon receipt of authorized
by the client's physician.
- Provides instruction and training to other health care
personnel, the client, and family members in appropriate methods to
assist the client to improve and correct speech disabilities.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team; counsel and
confers with members of the team to evaluate the client's progress
and response to treatments.
- Serves as a source of information and training for the family
members and other agency personnel.
- Documents all services performed for clients daily; maintains
accurate, thorough progress notes for file. Accurately documents
all services preformed for clients daily and maintains progress
notes for file.
- Participates in case conferences, staff meetings, and
in-service education and training.
- Participates in and leads educational training and programs for
the client and/or caregiver.Completes accurate and timely
- Must have current valid Certificate of Clinical Competence in
Speech Pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing
- Must have and maintain a current valid license as a Speech
Language Pathologist -in the State of Texas.
- Must maintain curren cerficate of basic life support
- Must provide proof of TB screening within the past 12
- Computer software skills necessary to produce accurate
documents and materials required. Working knowledge of MS Office
- Requires ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds
continuously to move objects.
Keywords: Homecare Holdings, Longview , Speech Language Pathologist (Pediatrics), Healthcare , Marshall, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!