RN - Emergency Department - PRN
Company: Titus Regional Medical Center
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job: Registered NurseJob Classification: Non-ExemptPRNPosition
The Emergency Department RN knows and conforms to the Texas Nursing
Practice Act and the Board's rules and regulations as well as all
Federal, State or local laws, rules or regulations. The RN
provides, without discrimination, nursing services regardless of
age, disability, economic status, gender, national origin, race,
religion, or health problems of the patient's service, is
responsible for the total nursing care, assessment, planning
implementation, and evaluation of each assigned patient, plans,
provides, evaluates, and documents nursing care, discharge
planning, and teaching, assures the plan is carried out and
provided in a safe environment, through performance and supervision
of subordinate personnel, and educates patients, family or others
to attain optimal health and continuity of care.
- Takes nursing histories to provide a basis for development of
patient care plans.
- Identifies teaching/learning needs at time of visit and
provides education based on needs.
- Collects data including input from patient, family, significant
others and staff to accurately reflect overt physiological/
psychosocial needs of patients; reports unusual findings.
- Collects and interprets data to provide appropriate care based
on demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the lifespan.
- Assists physician in seeing patient by obtaining and
documenting vital signs, prepares patients for examination and
treatment and assists physician/mid-level with examination or
procedures as needed, including fetal non-stress testing.
- Knows rationale for and effects of medication and treatment and
correctly administers medications according to policy.
- Performs waived laboratory tests as ordered by the physician or
provider and as detailed in the laboratory manual.
- Draws and prepares specimens for transport to hospital or
reference laboratory as needed.
- Administers tests, treatments and procedures ordered by the
physician or provider.
- Monitors, maintains and orders clinical supplies.
- Maintains and monitors patients' EMR, including test reports
and compleion of Ambulatory Care Summary by the third visit.
- Performs and documents regular quality control of laboratory
tests as required in laboratory policies and procedures.
- Functions as charge nurse when required.
- Adheres to and follows all patient experience initiatives.
- Reports to and departs from work on time and as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to deal with stress while maintaining
Degree Level Required: Not specified
Registered Nurse currently licensed to practice in the State of
BLS upon hire.
ACLS within 90 Days of hire.
PALS within 6 months of hire.
TNCC within 12 months of hire.
Required Experience: Not specified
Two years of nursing experience preferred.
Emergency Department/hospital experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical Demands and Work Enviroment
lbs % Time lbs % Time
1-10 34-66 1-10 34-66
11-20 01-33 11-20 01-33
21-50 01-33 21-50 01-33
51-75 01-33 51-75 01-33
76-100 01-33 76-100 01-33
Movement % Time
Reach Above Shoulder 1-33
Reach Below Shoulder 1-33
Repetitive Arm None
Repetitive Hand 1-33
Climb Stairs None
Walking Uneven 1-33
Walking Even 34-66
Enviroment % Time
Extreme Heat None
Excessive Noise 1-33
Equipment % Time
Motor Vehicles None
Foot Pedals None
Extreme Heat None
Excessive Noise 1-33
Work Near % Time
Depth Perception Required
Keywords: Titus Regional Medical Center, Longview , RN - Emergency Department - PRN, Healthcare , Mount Pleasant, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!