Vocational Nurse (LVN) - ETTF
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Vocational Nurse (LVN) - ETTF Henderson, Texas, United StatesThe
mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the healthcare
needs of underserved patient populations within the Texas
Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile
Justice Department (TJJD). JOB SUMMARY : To provide direct nursing
care to an assigned group of patients and performs nursing
procedures within the scope of their education and demonstrated
abilities. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Provides direct nursing care to assigned patients.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating the nursing care given.
- Performs admission, discharge, and transfer procedures.
- Using the nursing plan of care in daily assignments, able to
review and, under supervision, modify the plan of care.
- Demonstrates ability to observe and record the signs, symptoms,
and behaviors including the3 physiological status of patients,
presents proposed revision of interventions, and desired
- Delivers the designated nursing interventions to assigned
patients that are consistent with the state medical plan of
- Notifies appropriate nursing and medical staff of changes in
patient status; recognizes patient care priorities,
multidisciplinary treatment plans, and potential patient care
- Follows physician's orders in the deliver of nursing care.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information
and records at all times.
- Safely and properly administers medications and
- Executes written physician's orders for assigned patients.
- Assembles equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or
treatment procedures in the specialty service area; performs or
assists others with procedures or treatments.
- Adheres to required infection control, isolation procedures,
and aseptic techniques in the deliver of patient care.
- Documents nursing care in all assigned patient records.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structures.
- Performs related duties as required.
EQUIPMENT : Standard patient care supplies, equipment and
mechanical devices. WORK ENVIRONMENT : Located within the confines
of a prison, jail or juvenile detention center. Security clearance
is required; pre-employment drug testing is also required. REQUIRED
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE : High school or equivalent. Graduation from a
Licensed Vocational Nurse Program and current license/permit as a
vocational nurse in the State of Texas. No experience
required.Current BLS-HP required.Salary is commensurate with years
of relevant work experience. Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB
Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRRA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: UTMB, Longview , Vocational Nurse (LVN) - ETTF, Healthcare , Henderson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!