Scribe- Walk In Clinic
Company: Genesis Prime Care
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionJob SummaryThe Staff Medical Transcriptionist
(Scribe) an integral part of the health care team. The Scribe
assists the team in a professional manner in the health clinic
setting. Responsibilities include handling time-consuming clerical
responsibilities for providers during patient encounters. Scribes
accompany providers and directly observe patient encounters. They
accurately document the events and decision-making in a manner that
results in appropriate medical charting. Scribes also complete
clerical activities necessary to assist with processing of orders
for tests and medications. By accomplishing the time-consuming
clerical duties that otherwise would be assigned to a provider,
Scribes enable providers to spend more time with individual
patients and increase the overall flow of patients in the
department. Duties and Responsibilities 1. The Staff Scribe
performs the following duties as assigned.
- Accurate, timely charting of patient encounters, including but
not limited to patient history, physical exams, diagnostic
findings, lab and test results, consultations with other providers,
emergency department treatment course, diagnoses, discharge
instructions and prescriptions.
- Professional, non-intrusive interaction with patients (the
scribe does not directly assist with patient care), physicians,
hospital staff and other co-workers.
- Compliance with Clinic policies, including those relating to
confidentiality of patient information.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to training
other Scribes and staff. 3. Fulfills administrative duties.
- Assists in maintaining an efficient, safe, secure, orderly, and
aseptic environment of care for all patients and employees.
- Is familiar with and abides by OSHA Standards, Hazardous
Materials, Universal Precautions, use of personal protective
equipment, Evacuation, Fire, Disaster, and Safety Plans. 4.
Performs all other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to learn and appropriately apply basic medical
terminologies and techniques taught and used on the job.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to actively listen.
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events
accurately and cogently, in grammatically-correct English.
- Ability to spell proofread and edits written text.
- Keyboard proficiency (approximately 60 words/minute).
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, highly-stressful environment that
routinely involves exposure to highly-sensitive personal medical
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and patients.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with
- Understanding of and commitment to appropriate protection of
confidential patient information.
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Ability to read and comprehend medical instructions, short
correspondence, and memos
- Knowledge of medical terminology and appropriate
- Ability to document, with clarity, all information relevant to
a patient's needs
- Ability to effectively present information in small group
situations to patients, Clinic staff, and the general public.
- Ability to use office equipment including but not limited to
computers, fax machines, telephones and copiers
- Ability to prepare statistical and administrative reports
- Ability to quickly gain specific knowledge of the Clinic's
current operational protocols Preferred
- Spanish speaking and writing skills Credentials and
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Must have Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS)
or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification. Must show that
they can obtain CEHRS or CMA certification within 90 days from date
of hire. If certification is not obtained within 90 days of hire,
employee may be subject to removal from Scribe position and/or
termination of employment. Preferred
- One (1) year of practice experience in a clinic office setting.
- Minimum high school diploma/GED.
Keywords: Genesis Prime Care, Longview , Scribe- Walk In Clinic, Healthcare , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!