Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $27-40 per hour
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: November 26, 2022
UT Health East Texas is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg
for a nursing job in Henderson, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
OverviewJoin UT Health East Texas as a PRN, Varies Shift, Henderson
Med Surg RN Resource Team! -Advancing Healthcare -Together - -The
Future of Healthcare is in East TexasWhy UT Health - East Texas?
-Our People. - -Our people truly are our greatest strength. - They
make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day.
- We work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other. -Our Purpose. -We will build on your
experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for
your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a
difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
-Our Place. -Athens, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where
you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody
is somebody here. -Representing the very best in healthcare, UT
Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50
clinics across east Texas. - With nearly 7,500 employees and over
1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides
healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our
hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet
and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million
people.POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse is responsible for
delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment,
planning, implementation, and evaluation. This position is
responsible for the following:
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based
on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes. -
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through
performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive
outcomes in patient care. - -What You Will Be Doing:1. - - - - - -
Deliver individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a
systematic approach and according to standards of care, facility's
code of conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with
patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
- Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate
care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant
others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of
care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is
administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the
Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant
others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and
- Maintain confidentiality with all information. -2. - - - - - -
Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety,
effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care:
- -Participate in quality of care activities such as the
implementation of a continuous quality imp
ResponsibilitiesBEHAVIORAL STANDARDS: -Service
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.Growth
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to
get there and why. -PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing
work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplaceNow that you have read
about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time
to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients. -UT
Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- - Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) or Bachelor of Science
in Nursing (B.S.N.) from an -accredited school.Experience:
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in
job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes
quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give
directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze,
make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or
programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability. -Certification and
- Completion of education to obtain Licensure as a Registered
- ACLS -certification preferred.
- BLS required
- PALS Certification (preferred but not required). -Compliance
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and
policiesAbout UT Health East TexasArdent Health Services -prides
itself in -quality health care -by -investing in -people,
technology, facilities and -communities, to -produce -extraordinary
results. - -To date, those investments total more than $1.4 billion
since 2001. From newly constructed facilities and expanded services
to lifesaving technology and outstanding opportunities for
employees, Ardent is committed to providing its hospitals and
clinics the tools they need to succeed. -Recapitalized and
supported by the financial strength of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500
company and leading real estate investment trust, and Equity Group
Investments, a private investment firm founded by Sam Zell more
than 45 years ago, Ardent is expanding its network and bringing its
unique combination of resources and proven management expertise to
new communities. - ---- -Ardent includes: 4,718 licensed beds,
-More -than 1,000 employed providers, -and -$3 billion in revenues.
---- -Healthcare systems within Ardent include: ---- -BSA Health
System -- Amarillo, -Texas - ---- -Seton Medical Center -- Harker
Heights, -Texas ---- -Hillcrest Healthcare System - Oklahoma -(8
Hospitals) - Hillcrest Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital South,
Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital, Bailey Medical Center, Hillcrest
Hospital Cushing, Hillcrest Hospital Claremore, Hillcrest Hospital
Henryetta, Hillcrest Hospital Pryor ---- -Lovelace Health System -
Albuquerque, New Mexico -(5 Hospitals) - -Lovelace Medical Center,
Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital, Lovelace Women's Hospital,
Lovelace Westside Hospital, Lovelace Regional Hospital ---- -UT
Health - East Texas -(9 Hospitals): -UT Health, -Tyler, UT Health
North Campus -Tyler, UT Health East Texas -Long-Term Acute Care, UT
Health East Texas Rehabilitation -Center, UT Health Athens, UT
Health Carthage, UT Health Henderson, UT Health Jacksonville, UT
Health Pittsburg ---- -Americas Division -- -Hackensack Meridian
Health - Mountainside Medical Center (Montclair, New Jersey) and
Pascack Valley Medical Center (Westwood, New Jersey) -The
University of Kansas Health System, St. Francis -Campus -(Topeka,
Kansas) - -Portneuf Medical Center -(Pocatello, Idaho) -Benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Discount program
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Vision benefits
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Longview , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $27-40 per hour, Healthcare , Henderson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!