Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $27-40 per hour
Company: BSA Health System
Posted on: January 22, 2023
BSA Health System is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) OR -
Operating Room for a nursing job in Henderson, Texas.
Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: OR - Operating Room
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent Overview
Join UT Health Henderson as a Full Time, Day Shift, Surgery,
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Henderson, TX is a small town with a huge heart where
you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody
is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation. This position is responsible for
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based
on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through
performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive
outcomes in patient care.
What You Will Be Doing:1. Deliver individualized, goal-directed
nursing care using a systematic approach and according to standards
of care, facility's code of conduct compliance, and policy in
collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team
- Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate
care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant
others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of
care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is
administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the
Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant
others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and
- Maintain confidentiality with all information. 2.
Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety,
effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care:
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the
implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the
hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to
position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate
changes in practice. 3. Implement Infection Control, Safety and
Risk Management Programs in all nursing practices. 4. Demonstrate
ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations. 5.
Acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice, for
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in
a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy. 6. Contribute to
professional development of peers, colleagues and others, for
example. Recognize own learning needs and those of peers and
assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional development
and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice. 7. Assume all other
duties and responsibilities as necessary:
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental
needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling
needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of
patients is readily available and in working order.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) or Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (B.S.N.) from an accredited school. Experience:
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in
job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes
quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give
directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze,
make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or
programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability. Certification and
- Completion of education to obtain Licensure as a Registered
- ACLS certification preferred.
- BLS required
- PALS Certification (preferred but not required). Compliance
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
- Cultivate a compassi
About BSA Health System Ardent Health Services prides itself in
quality health care by investing in people, technology, facilities
and communities, to produce extraordinary results. To date, those
investments total more than $1.4 billion since 2001. From newly
constructed facilities and expanded services to lifesaving
technology and outstanding opportunities for employees, Ardent is
committed to providing its hospitals and clinics the tools they
need to succeed. Recapitalized and supported by the financial
strength of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500 company and leading real
estate investment trust, and Equity Group Investments, a private
investment firm founded by Sam Zell more than 45 years ago, Ardent
is expanding its network and bringing its unique combination of
resources and proven management expertise to new communities.
Ardent includes: 4,718 licensed beds, More than 1,000 employed
providers, and $3 billion in revenues.
Healthcare systems within Ardent include:
BSA Health System - Amarillo, Texas
Seton Medical Center - Harker Heights, Texas
Hillcrest Healthcare System - Oklahoma (8 Hospitals) - Hillcrest
Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital South, Tulsa Spine & Specialty
Hospital, Bailey Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital Cushing,
Hillcrest Hospital Claremore, Hillcrest Hospital Henryetta,
Hillcrest Hospital Pryor
Lovelace Health System - Albuquerque, New Mexico (5 Hospitals) -
Lovelace Medical Center, Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital,
Lovelace Women's Hospital, Lovelace Westside Hospital, Lovelace
UT Health - East Texas (9 Hospitals): UT Health , Tyler, UT Health
North Campus Tyler, UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute Care, UT
Health East Texas Rehabilitation Center, UT Health Athens, UT
Health Carthage, UT Health Henderson, UT Health Jacksonville, UT
Americas Division - Hackensack Meridian Health - Mountainside
Medical Center (Montclair, New Jersey) and Pascack Valley Medical
Center (Westwood, New Jersey)
The University of Kansas Health System, St. Francis Campus (Topeka,
Portneuf Medical Center (Pocatello, Idaho)
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- Life insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Discount program
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
Keywords: BSA Health System, Longview , Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $27-40 per hour, Healthcare , Henderson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!