Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $27-40 per hour
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
UT Health East Texas is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg
for a nursing job in Carthage, Texas. Job Description &
- Specialty: Med Surg
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent OverviewJoin UT Health East Texas as
a PRN, Variable Shift, RN Med Surg! Advancing Healthcare Together -
The Future of Healthcare is in East TexasWhy UT Health - East
Texas?Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They
make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day.
We work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.Our Purpose. We will build on your
experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for
your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a
difference in someone's life and change the course of
healthcare.Our Place. Carthage, TX is a small town with a huge
heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your
neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.Representing the very best in
healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and
more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees
and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas
provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually
through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air
emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a
quarter-million people. POSITION SUMMARY:The Registered Nurse is
responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing
process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based
on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through
performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive
outcomes in patient care. What You Will Be Doing: 1. Deliver
individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a systematic
approach and according to standards of care, facility's code of
conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with patients and
interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
- Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate
care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant
others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of
care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is
administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the
Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant
others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and
- Maintain confidentiality with all information. 2.
Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety,
effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care:
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the
implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the
hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to
position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate
changes in practice. 3. Implement Infection Control, Safety and
Risk Management Programs in all nursing practices. 4. Demonstrate
ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations. 5.
Acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice, for
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in
a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy. 6. Contribute to
professional development of peers, colleagues and others, for
example. Recognize own learning needs and those of peers and
assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional development
and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice.
7. Assume all other duties and responsibilities as necessary:
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental
needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling
needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of
patients is readily available and in working order.
ResponsibilitiesQUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) or Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (B.S.N.) from an accredited school.Experience:
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in
job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to About UT Health East
Texas Ardent Health Services prides itself in quality health care
by investing in people, technology, facilities and communities, to
produce extraordinary results. To date, those investments total
more than $1.4 billion since 2001. From newly constructed
facilities and expanded services to lifesaving technology and
outstanding opportunities for employees, Ardent is committed to
providing its hospitals and clinics the tools they need to succeed.
Recapitalized and supported by the financial strength of Ventas,
Inc., an S&P 500 company and leading real estate investment
trust, and Equity Group Investments, a private investment firm
founded by Sam Zell more than 45 years ago, Ardent is expanding its
network and bringing its unique combination of resources and proven
management expertise to new communities. Ardent includes: 4,718
licensed beds, More than 1,000 employed providers, and $3 billion
in revenues. Healthcare systems within Ardent include: BSA Health
System - Amarillo, Texas Seton Medical Center - Harker Heights,
Texas Hillcrest Healthcare System - Oklahoma (8 Hospitals) -
Hillcrest Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital South, Tulsa Spine &
Specialty Hospital, Bailey Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital
Cushing, Hillcrest Hospital Claremore, Hillcrest Hospital
Henryetta, Hillcrest Hospital Pryor Lovelace Health System -
Albuquerque, New Mexico (5 Hospitals) - Lovelace Medical Center,
Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital, Lovelace Women's Hospital,
Lovelace Westside Hospital, Lovelace Regional Hospital UT Health -
East Texas (9 Hospitals): UT Health , Tyler, UT Health North Campus
Tyler, UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute Care, UT Health East
Texas Rehabilitation Center, UT Health Athens, UT Health Carthage,
UT Health Henderson, UT Health Jacksonville, UT Health Pittsburg
Americas Division - Hackensack Meridian Health - Mountainside
Medical Center (Montclair, New Jersey) and Pascack Valley Medical
Center (Westwood, New Jersey) The University of Kansas Health
System, St. Francis Campus (Topeka, Kansas) Portneuf Medical Center
(Pocatello, Idaho) Benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Discount program
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Vision benefits
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Longview , Registered Nurse (RN) - Med Surg - $27-40 per hour, Healthcare , Carthage, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!