Inside Sales and Customer Service Representative
Company: Southwest Steel
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Greenbrier, we do the hard work that matters. The Greenbrier
Companies (NYSE: GBX) is a leading designer, manufacturer and
supplier of freight rail and marine transportation equipment and
services, powering the movement of products around the world.
Greenbrier's innovation and engineering expertise pairs with our
capacity to build and repair freight transportation equipment. This
allows us to provide an unrivaled level of service to our customers
across the Americas, Europe and countries of the Gulf Cooperation
Council. Greenbrier also provides asset management services and a
unique railcar leasing syndication platform that brings us into
contact with the world's leading fixed asset investors.Greenbrier's
heritage of hard work and industrial innovation is celebrated at
every level of our organization. We structure our business to
support teams that deliver innovative solutions for our customers
and positively impact the world around us.SUMMARYDeals directly
with customers whose product specifications require SWS to
outsource. Deals directly with suppliers that perform any
outsourced service to a casting in process, fully procures the
product, or provides a sub element to be assembled to the finished
product. Communicates, internally within SWS, all the requirements
necessary to complete the customer's order as scheduled.Duties and
- Work with customers in all phases of the process from receipt
of order to delivery of product to assure the plant meets and/or
exceeds the customer's expectations
- Review customer product requirements
- Attend plant production meetings to provide customer request,
concerns, etc. as needed.
- Host supplier conference calls and audits as needed.
- Monitor and reconcile supplier debits or help when asked by
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Occasionally meet with/ visit customers.
- Work in conjunction with outside sales representative to
maintain and grow SWS commercial products sales within assigned
- Process customer orders in an efficient and timely manner
through SWS operating system.
- Prepare verbal and written price quotations and written pricing
agreements to customer base.
- Follow up sales quotation in a timely manner.
- Promote premier customer service. The inside salesperson will
be required to process all customer requests, phone inquiries, fax
requests, expedite requests and email requests in a timely,
accurate, expeditious and professional manner.
- Work closely with SWS Production to ensure orders are processed
and delivered as promised to customers.
- Process credits and returns.
- Address customer concerns and complaints in a timely and
- Work closely with other inside team members to lend assistance
when excessive workload occurs in other areas of the
department.QUALIFICATIONSKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical background (blueprint reading)- Not mandatory but a
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and SAP
- Ability work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive
data and multi-task so that deadlines can be met
- Customer service experience in an industrial sales
- Procedure / process oriented
- Good customer relations skills
- Highly organized and prioritized
- Professional demeanor, selling style and appearance
- Ability to skillfully present and communicate information in
written and verbal format.
- Excellent listening skills
- Self-Motivated, with an engaging personalityExperience &
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in businessLicenses,
Certifications, etc.: N/APHYSICAL DEMANDSReasonable accommodations
may be made, if necessary.KeyN (Not Applicable): Activity is not
applicable to this occupationO (Occasionally): Occupation requires
this activity up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5+ hours/day)F
(Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of
the time (2.5: 5.5+ hours/day)C (Constantly): Occupation requires
this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hours/day)Physical
AbilitiesStand: FReach Above Shoulder: OWalk: FClimb: NSit: FCrawl:
NHandling/Fingering: FSquat/Kneel: OReach Outward: OBend: OPush /
Pull12 lbs. or less: F13: 25 lbs.: O26: 40 lbs.: N41: 100 lbs.:
NLift / Carry10 lbs. or less: F11: 20 lbs.: O21: 50 lbs.: N51: 100
lbs.: NWorking Conditions
- Office environment- 95%
- Occasional need to be in the manufacturing plant, shipping
dock, etc. -5%Safety Equipment Required
- Any PPE will be supplied by SWSThe work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Southwest Steel, Longview , Inside Sales and Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!