Registered Nurse - Help with Shots - Med Surg
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Registered Nurse - Help with ShotsAt Hy-Vee our people are our
strength. We promise "a helpful smile in every aisle" and those
smiles can only come from a workforce that is fully engaged and
committed to supporting our customers and each other.
Job Title: Retail Registered Nurse (RN)
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assist
pharmacists in the administration of vaccines, and preparation and
distribution of prescription medications.
* Growth mindset
* Results oriented
* Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager,
Assistant Managers of; Health Wellness Home, Store Operations and
Perishables; Pharmacy Department Manager, Staff Pharmacists
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
* Administer Vaccines as allowed by law Makes an effort to learn
customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by: (examples include)
* escorting them to the products they're looking for
* securing products that are out of reach
* loading or unloading heavy items
* making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
* performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
* Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
* Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
* Handles inquiries that do not require a pharmacist's expertise
* Accepts new written prescription orders and telephoned refill
requests at the discretion of the supervising pharmacist.
* Takes orders from or calls doctor's offices for refill
* Gathers patient information required to prepare
* Enters prescription and patient information into the
* Assists in maintaining correct patient information.
* Assists pharmacists in preparing prescription drug products for
* Prepares and affixes labels to prescription containers.
* Prepares prescriptions to be mailed. Prepares and submits
* Files prescriptions after they have been dispensed.
* Reports any medication errors to appropriate personnel.
* Orders, checks-in, and stocks pharmacy supplies.
* Logs invoices as necessary.
* Performs cash transactions.
* Maintains cleanliness of pharmacy and dispensing area.
* Assists with third party insurance billing and trouble
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
* Adheres to all statutes and regulations pertaining to a pharmacy
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists in other areas of the store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
* Degree in nursing upon hire and licensed with the applicable
State Nursing Board and/or possess multi-state licensure
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Must have the ability to do logical or scientific thinking to
solve problems; several abstract and concrete variables.
* Have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving
arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
* Must be able to compose original correspondence; follow technical
manuals; have increased contact with people; interview counsel or
advise people; evaluate technical data.
* To work offsite for vaccination events (as needed): Employees
must possess a valid driver's license, with no DOT restrictions,
and be 18 years or older to drive a company vehicle.
* Must be able to physically exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a retail
store setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling
scripts, answering telephone, waiting on customers, etc.) every
day. There is an occasional exposure to dangerous
chemicals/solvents while compounding products and chemotherapy
drugs. Employee may be required to work offsite for vaccination
events in which they may be exposed to equipment movement hazards,
temperature extremes, vibrations and dampness.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
PC with pharmacy software and printer, cash register, C.A.R.S.
ordering system, pharmacy balance, scanner, calculator, telephone,
fax, copier and company vehicle.
Maintains the confidentiality of the customer's private medical
information according to the HIPPA act.
Has daily contact with customers, general public, and
suppliers/vendors. Has occasional contact with community or
trade/professional organizations and federal/state governmental or
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Longview , Registered Nurse - Help with Shots - Med Surg, Hospitality & Tourism , Marshall, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!