Temporary Case Manager Eligibility Specialist
Company: Greater East Texas Community Action Program
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position is for 6 to 12 Months
General Purpose: Acts as a liaison between the
Agency, and the population it serves. By working in the community,
the case manager should provide knowledge of the agency and
community resources. In some cases, the case manager must perform
direct services in order to secure the skills, knowledge,
motivation, opportunities, and services for low-income families to
become self-sufficient and to work toward removing structural
barriers to self-sufficiency.
Qualifications and Requirements: Minimum of
High School Diploma. Associates Degree in Human Service, Community
Health, and/or Health Education related field (preferred).
Applicant must have organizational, communication, and community
health skills. Applicant must be able to work with minimal
supervision. This position will require a valid drivers license to
conduct recruitment/outreach activities in agency vehicles.
Salary: $ 22,880 per year
Prior to starting employment, a criminal background check must
Travel: Attends training sessions as appropriate including out
of town, evening, and weekend training.
- Coordinates and promotes all Greater East Texas Community
Action Programs in the designated area, and determines eligibility
for energy related and self-sufficiency programs.
- Refer potential applicants to Weatherization and other related
- Provide information to clients on energy conservation,
budgeting, nutrition and related issues.
- Completes reports based on program requirements.
- Assess and assists clients with energy assistance.
- Coordinates with county resources to maximize existing services
to assist clients.
- Applications are downloaded into database on a weekly
- Provide case management and referrals and conduct follow up on
- Conducts intensive Community Service Block Grant Case
Management to achieve transition out of poverty.
The Case Manager/Eligibility Specialist worker performs work
inside and outside in a variety of settings to include: office,
client home, and community environments with other GETCAP employees
and clients. The setting requires verbal and face-to-face contact
with the community, clients, and other staff members. The
Eligibility Specialist performs most work during weekday hours.
- Occasional bending, stooping, or lifting up to 50 lbs. is
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to travel between 5 buildings or more and visit various
residences/ family homes in assigned areas of the county.
- Regular repetitive motion with hands, computer keyboarding,
- Regular sitting, working at computer keyboard and desk,
standing to file misc. documents in filing cabinet.
Mental / Reasoning Requirements:
- Requires intermediate reading and writing skills
- Ability to complete forms accurately
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Listening and getting unbiased information
- Giving clear information
- Ability to utilize agency resources, technology, and library to
appropriately answer questions
- Identifying and solving problems
- Making decisions, weighing risks
- Thinking clearly and analytically
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to assure program and system congruence.
Keywords: Greater East Texas Community Action Program, Longview , Temporary Case Manager Eligibility Specialist, Other , Nacogdoches, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!