Reliability Engineer (Reliability Supervisor)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company with more
than 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, the United
Kingdom, and Europe. From responsibly sourced and sustainably
managed forest resources, the Company produces lumber, engineered
wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products
including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. Our
success comes from hiring skilled and talented team members in all
areas of our business. We are dedicated to developing and retaining
a dynamic workforce with a commitment to teamwork and
uncompromising safety that ensures we remain at the forefront of
manufacturing excellence. To support this we are seeking a
Reliability Engineer for our Nacagdoches, TX mill.
The Reliability Engineer develops and implements the plant
reliability program in the most effective and efficient method.
This position supervises a group of reliability technicians and is
expected to manage all aspects of employee management in a
professional manner. The reliability supervisor is the resident
expert on all existing and new technologies that will be
implemented into this program. Improving the performance of the
mill in a safe, effective and efficient way is the goal of this
position. This person must have the knowledge to make educated
recommendations for improvements to the reliability program and
must have the ability to marshal the resources necessary for
accomplishing those goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
Engineer is responsible for assisting management with analysis
of processes and procedures involved in the production of OSB.
Engineer is responsible for evaluation of data leading to achieving
production targets with improved margins, adding efficiency and
removing waste. To that end, these responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Promote the Reliability Programs under area of responsibility
including Condition Monitoring, Root Cause Analysis, Preventive &
Predictive Maintenance, and CMMS usage.
- Provide regular condition reports of all the assets in area of
- Supervise and ensure efficient and effective performance of all
- Use the Computerized Maintenance Management System, CMMS, to
effectively plan, report and schedule all work.
- Design and implement asset management strategies that involve
all aspects of the manufacturing process ie. Preventive Maintenance
Plans, Predictive Maintenance Plans, Breakdown Maintenance Plans,
operating strategies, etc.Manage third-party services in relation
to the reliability programs and foster professional working
relationships to leverage their knowledge and services.
- Analyze production processes and recommend process improvements
to gain efficiencies. Actively work to reduce MTTR and increase
- Promote World Class Manufacturing Concepts such as Industry 4.0
and Remote Condition Monitoring into new and existing assets.
- Review OEM equipment and make recommendations concerning Asset
Life and maintainability.
- Coordinate with 3 Party vendors in order to design, install,
and maintain new and existing assets regarding the reliability
- Recommend, plan, and execute improvements in the work area to
gain efficiencies in work processes.
- Train or Recommend training for all team members regarding the
- Communicate effectively with all team members throughout the
- Coordinate with other senior staff members on personnel,
safety, finance, and purchasing issues, looking for ways to
increase and enhance all functional areas.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform this
role. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone
to be considered for the position. A reasonable accommodation may
be allowed for some aspects of the role as determined by Human
Minimum qualifications include:
- BS in an engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical,
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the
Demonstrated success in a manufacturing environment
- Project management experience with capital projects
- Automation experience involving knowledge of distributed I/O
Systems and Industry 4.0 Concepts as it involves Condition
- Familiarity of common industrial equipment such as pumps,
motors, gearboxes, sensors, VFDs, mobile equipment etc. Experience
with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Perform a variety of Reliability Analyses to identify areas of
improvement ie. Pareto, FMECA, Fault Trees, Reliability Block
Diagrams, Weibull Analysis etc.
- Ability to work with spreadsheets and large databases for
analysis and work planning
Specialized knowledge or skills that may be needed or
- Knowledge of Condition Monitoring Techniques ie. Vibration,
Thermography, Oil Analysis, Ultrasonic, Lubrication etc.
- LEAN/6 SIGMA / Process Improvement Methodology
- Rockwell PLC Platform/Factory Talk/Vantage Point
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Mentoring, coaching and leading others
- Project Management Leadership
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships and
maintain them over time
Role requires a person to work in working conditions such as
heat, cold, snow, rain, ice, frost, humidity, severe storms and so
forth. Special working conditions may include regular evening and
weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working as a team
regardless of challenge, and so forth. Exposure to noise, dirt,
grease, water and sawdust is common.
Physical ability to perform the essential job functions of the
position, which includes climbing stairs, navigating catwalks,
working at heights up to 30 feet above the ground, lifting up to 50
pounds (from floor to shoulder height), stooping, and bending,
carrying up to 30 pounds at least 40 feet.
This position has direct and indirect reports. Demonstrated
leadership is a key requirement for success in this role.
Keywords: Norbord, Longview , Reliability Engineer (Reliability Supervisor), Other , Nacogdoches, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!