This isn't your average internship. BXSI's intern program is a
pipeline to career success. You'll get hands-on, real-world
experience, and learn from industry leaders and mentors. You'll be
challenged with impactful projects, and we'll include you in the
day-to-day excitement of the insurance brokerage industry.
Our interns are paid a competitive rate, have flexible work
schedules, participate in community and group projects, and are
considered part of our professional team. Many earn class credit.
During your internship, you'll connect with colleagues and
industry-leading executives to build your professional network.
You'll benefit from hearing firsthand about industry trends and
issues, business strategy and leadership. The entire BXSI team
supports and enjoys helping our interns learn and grow.
Insurance is a complex world, and insurance brokerage is its
hidden gem. We do not sell insurance. Instead, we facilitate
communication between insurance carriers and our clients that
purchase insurance. We listen to our clients, assess their risks,
create solutions by working with carriers on their behalf, and
provide industry-leading customer service and resources to manage
their risks now and in the future.
BXSI is in the top-100 Business Insurance list of premier
brokers. Established in 1882, BXSI is built on a foundation of
integrity and respect. Now comprised of more than 600 team members,
BXSI serves clients of all sizes and industries locally, regionally
The intern program provides individuals the tools to learn,
contribute and gain real-world business experience in a
professional, collaborative environment. The intern will learn
basic insurance functions and work alongside client services team
members to perform and assist in the daily tasks to provide
exceptional service to the customer group.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assists client service team with daily tasks and other
responsibilities to support the service of clients
- Issues certificates, processes endorsements and invoices
- Works within agency workflow processes to complete assigned
- Updates and enters information in agency management system upon
- Supports the customer service team with faxing, copying and
other similar tasks
- Attends and participates in agency meetings, including, but not
limited to, training sessions and carrier meetings
- Participate in departmental rotations
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an
accredited college, university or technical/vocational
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent attention to detail, be well-organized and show
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other status protected under applicable local,
state or federal nondiscrimination laws.