Pharmacy Technician (6546)
Company: Nacogdoches County Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
High school diploma or a high school equivalency certification;
completion of a board approved pharmacy technician training program
and one (1) year of retail or hospital pharmacy experience
preferred. Must have initial Pharmacy Technician Board
certification and registered with the Texas State Board of
Knowledge of drug nomenclature, fundamental math skills,
pharmacy laws and regulations, computers, and aseptic techniques.
Skilled in use of torsion balance, measuring of liquids and solids,
and computer entry.
Ability to read and interpret physician orders. Communicate with
other health care professionals. Respond to changes in work load
and handle stressful situations. Work under direct supervision of
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Pharmacy or
Pharmacist, and according to approval of Hospital Policy and
Procedures, performs assigned duties in the Hospital Pharmacy for
the efficient preparation, distribution and billing of
- Issuance of narcotics to nursing floors.
- Distribution of patient medication to nursing floors.
- Interpretation of physician orders.
- Filling of patient medication.
- Stocking inventory.
- Filing of orders and narcotic paperwork.
- Computerized charging and patient credits.
- Use of cash register.
- Answering telephone, receiving and relaying messages.
- Preparation of IV's using aseptic technique. All IV's are
prepared under the hood in compliance with 797 Regulations and
Department Policies and Procedures. Hood is cleaned before and
after each shift.
- Preparation of chemotherapeutic agents using aseptic
- Fundamental math skills.
- IV and refrigerator logs are complete.
- Various quality assurance components as indicated by work
- Participation in Pharmacy in-services and staff meetings.
DEPARTMENTAL OR UNIT SPECIFIC:
- Unit inspections completed correctly and on time.
- Expiration dates checked on time. No expired drugs found in
- All shelves are clean and dust free in assigned area.
- License renewed on time.
Keywords: Nacogdoches County Hospital, Longview , Pharmacy Technician (6546), Other , Nacogdoches, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!