Manager of Environmental Services (7394)
Company: Nacogdoches County Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position will assist the Director of Facilities in
maintaining a high quality standard of housekeeping and laundry
work. Implement training, supervise and evaluate departmental
personnel as assigned. Works closely with the infection control
department to minimize the spread of infections within the
hospital. Exercise knowledge and understanding of compliance with
agencies such as Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals
Organizations, CMS, local agencies and all other regulatory
organizations regarding compliance of housekeeping, laundry,
equipment and safe practices and procedures.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Two (2) years of experience in institutional, janitorial
cleaning or a closely related field.
- Healthcare experience highly preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to
build and maintain relationships within the establishment.
- Establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage competing
priorities under pressure.
- Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Manages the daily operations of housekeeping, laundry and
environmental service departments.
- Regulates daily activities of staff providing necessary
guidance and support to maintain quality performance
- Selects, coordinates and monitors applicable contracted
- Supervises environmental services employees to ensure that work
techniques, quality assurance standards, department policies and
procedures and job descriptions are adhered to.
- Maintain active Safety data Sheet on hospital MSDS online
- Responsible for ordering all supplies and understands the
necessity for cost control in use of supplies.
- Maintains par levels of all supplies, cleaning materials and
chemicals to ensure stock.
- Exercise safe practices of use of chemicals and proper storing
- Responsible for scheduling assigned staff and making necessary
accommodations of absences by communicating with shift
supervisor(s) and Director of Facilities. This includes keeping
attendance logs and participating in new hire interviews.
- Assist Facilities Director with budget items needed for
housekeeping and laundry.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of
Keywords: Nacogdoches County Hospital, Longview , Manager of Environmental Services (7394), Other , Nacogdoches, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!