Plant Engineer - Foreman, AR
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID: 301239
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry
cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the
world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants
and network of terminals located across North America. When you
work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join
our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Coordinates engineering activities related to the implementation
of new maintenance processes and the revision of existing
maintenance processes, including the assignment and supervision of
contractors. Provides engineering assistance as needed throughout
the plant. Works with plant personnel working on various projects
and performing maintenance activities (including Predictive and
Preventative Maintenance) and equipment repair. Uses independent
judgment in performing responsibilities. Works under general
supervision with standard practices and guidelines. Refers to
supervisor with unusual problems or situations. Provides either
direct or indirect supervision to maintenance employees as
specified by plant management.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Works with other plant personnel to plan, survey design, write
specifications and obtain contractors for the implementation of new
projects as well as the revision of existing ones as needed.
Supervises and inspects work of contractors on responsible
- Assists plant management in planning and preparing capital
expenditure proposals and budgets.
- Assists in the purchase of plant equipment where appropriate.
Communicates and negotiates with vendors as needed.
- Plans and coordinates testing and inspections of plant
equipment such as large gearing, kilns, mills, and Preheater
- Works with Plant Management to coordinate Predictive
Maintenance activities such as oil analysis, vibration analysis,
thermal testing, ultrasound inspections and any other necessary
- Coordinates efforts to store drawings, new equipment drawings
and equipment manuals in a centralized location.
- Provides mechanical, civil, structural and/or electrical
assistance as needed in all areas of the plant and terminals.
- Assists in permitting applications when needed.
- Performs and/or supervises the performance of computer-aided
design to prepare designs and drawings of equipment systems and
processes associated with plant projects (where applicable)
- Directs and evaluates engineering activities performed by
outside engineering firms as needed.
- Coordinates with plant department managers in planning major
projects and plant shutdown repairs and maintenance activities
- Promotes plant safety and ensures compliance with all
applicable safety standards and regulations which includes
participating in the Safety Observation Program, participating in
MSHA government inspections, participating in departmental safety
meetings and any other activities to assist in plant safety.
- Learn how to use the plant CMMS (Bentley) to assist with
tracking and planning maintenance activities.
- Write up Standard Job Plans & Job Safety Analyses on specific
jobs that are performed at the plant. These are step by step items
that are completed so that jobs are done safely and efficiently.
These will be stored so that knowledge on specific jobs can be
retained at the plant. (Such examples are moving the Stemler
Crusher and rebuilding Crossbar Clinker Cooler.)
- Works with Management Staff to plan modifications and
improvements of plant equipment and structures to improve
efficiency when specified by local plant management and the correct
process on how to do this according to Ash Grove Policies
- Coordinates maintenance projects with all departments as
- Provides technical assistance to maintenance crew as needed.
This may include working off-shift hours, on weekends or holidays
or after hours when needed or directed.
- Work with the Reliability Team and assist with the reliability
of plant equipment and learn how to conduct a Basic Failure
Analysis (BFA) on equipment to discover a root cause and work
towards improving the reliability of equipment as needed. Could
possibly manage Reliability Team.
- Prepares various reports as requested.
- May fill in other Maintenance Management positions as needed
when there personnel are away from the plant.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of government regulations such as MSHA as they apply
to maintenance projects and repair activities. Technical knowledge
of maintenance and repair required by cement plant equipment and
structures. Working knowledge of conveyors, AC/DC motors, fans,
hydraulic systems, and electrical distribution systems.
- Understands and can use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access,
CAD, and applicable CMMS software.
- Work may require walking over rough and/or slippery surfaces,
recurring bending, and crouching, working in high places, and
lifting moderately heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- Work may require a working schedule on weekends, holidays,
off-shift and even stay after shift depending on the circumstances.
This does not happen very often, but it is a possibility.
- 2 or more years of experience in related plant engineering
positions in a heavy industry preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional Engineer (PE) (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, structural, civil or
electrical engineering preferred.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americasis a great place to grow! If youre up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career
site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent
directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you
to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your
interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Longview , Plant Engineer - Foreman, AR, Other , Foreman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!