RN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation Specialist- PRN
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: October 12, 2021
The clinical documentation specialist collaborates extensively
with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers and coding
staff to improve the quality and completeness of documentation of
care provided and coded for coordination, abstraction, and
submission of accurate data required by CMS. Facilitates concurrent
modifications to clinical documentation to insure commensurate
reimbursement of clinical severity and services rendered to
patients with a DRG based payer (Medicare, Medicaid). Supports
timely, accurate and complete documentation of clinical information
used for measuring and reporting physician and facility outcomes.
Communicates with and educates all clinical staff concerning
accurate and effective clinical documentation.
- ·RN; BSN preferred
- ·Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet
- ·Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- ·Proficient in computer use (desktop and/or laptop).
- ·Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding HIM coding
- ·Analytic skills necessary to accurately assess patient medical
- ·Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team
in order to influence physician documentation processes.
- ·Ability to walk and stand 80% of work time.
- ·Ability to be flexible and adjust to workload/assignment
changes and interruptions. Ability to communicate effectively, both
verbally and in writing.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care setting
in a clinical nursing field required.
- Prior experience in clinical documentation improvement,
utilization review/management, discharge planning, quality
management, case management or coding preferred.
- Work Type:
Per Diem As Needed
Keywords: Christus Health, Longview , RN, Registered Nurse- Clinical Documentation Specialist- PRN, Other , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!