Longview- Operator Helper (Rail)
Company: Marmon Holdings, Inc
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of
Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely
heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial
spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and
retaining top talent.
Must be able to successfully complete a physical, drug screen and
Why Join Our Team?
We take pride in offering our employees rich benefits packages. We
appreciate hard-working and passionate individuals which is why we
* Medical, dental, vision
* Company-paid employee and dependent life insurance
* Company-paid sickness and accident income
* 401k matching
* Annual safety shoe reimbursement
* Prescription safety wear
* Holiday pay
* Marmon employee discount program
Who we Are
Railserve is a leading provider of in-plant rail switching,
transloading, and material handling services - operating at over 75
locations in North America. We use our own locomotives and
employees to safely move railcars within industrial, manufacturing
and production plants. But we're not just rail car movers; we also
provide a number of other services which include: rail car loading,
rail car unloading, track maintenance, inspection or repair and
Railserve is also a member company of The Marmon Group, a global
organization comprised of three autonomous companies consisting of
more than 175 independent manufacturing and service businesses.
Marmon is part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of the world's largest,
most successful, and best respected companies.
This position is responsible for operating electric,
diesel-electric, or gas-turbine-electric locomotives; interpreting
train orders, signals, and rules and regulations; transporting
freight; timely and correct switching and placement of rail
What you'd be doing:
* Inspects locomotive before operating to verify specified fuel,
sand, water, and other supplies.
* Receives starting signal from foreman or helper and moves
controls, such as throttle and airbrakes, to move locomotive.
* Interprets train orders, train signals, and rules and regulations
to operate locomotive, following safety regulations, operating
procedures, and switching schedule.
* Assists crew leader in training new employees.
* Observes track to detect obstructions.
* Prepares reports to explain accidents, unscheduled stops, or
* Lubricates moving parts of locomotive.
* Handle train equipment in a safe manner using independent or
* Operation of hand or ground throw switches, derails, gates,
* Control movement of equipment by radio, hands, and lantern.
* Apply and release hand brakes to secure or move equipment.
* Handling air hoses, wheel chocks, coupling and uncoupling of rail
* Must wear required personal protective equipment.
* Other duties as assigned.
A little about who we are looking for:
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary
to perform the essential duties of this position. To be successful
in this position, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Education and/or Experience
* High School diploma (or equivalent)
* Military experience helpful
* Must be extremely dependable and punctual in attendance; must
have reliable transportation to work every day.
* Good communication skills; Must be comfortable engaging in a
variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and
written) and being attuned to others through strong active
* Ability to assess multiple tasks and develop a plan to complete
them in a timely manner.
* Must have the ability to work well with others as part of a
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required
to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weights. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
* Moderate to heavy physical effort involved. Lifts and carries
necessary equipment to car to perform operation.
* Climbs, walks, and balances on top of car.
* Uses hand tools, power tools, and equipment
* Must follow prescribed safety rules to avoid possible injury.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates
will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a
criminal background check as permitted or required by applicable
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to their membership in
any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to
complete your application or any part of the recruiting process,
please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure
to include the title and the location of the position for which you
Keywords: Marmon Holdings, Inc, Longview , Longview- Operator Helper (Rail), Other , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!