Clinical Pharmacist - I Pharm General GSMC Longview C
Company: CHRISTUS Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
All pharmacists fill orders for drugs, monitor patient drug
therapies and provide drug information. Pharmacists provide
pharmacy services with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and dispenses drug orders per physician request
according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Interprets drug orders (verbal and written) and
transcribes/verifies into computerized patient medication record
accurately. Maintains, accurate, complete patient drug record.
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals including non-sterile and
sterile products, chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition products
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains
records as required by law and institutional policies.
- Provides services efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Maintains competency required for current job title/position
- Maintains current pharmacist license. Ensures applicable CE
records and licensure are maintained in department files. Attends
- Completes all competency/skills assessment requirements.
- Supervises and directs pharmacy support personnel. Verifies the
daily activities of pharmacy technicians
- Ambulatory care Pharmacist
- Provides ambulatory pharmaceutical care services utilizing
approved protocols and/or collaborative agreement with other
providers, including managing patient drug therapy, anticoagulation
management, providing patient education, and preparing and/or
overseeing the preparation and dispensing of medications. Performs
duties in the clinical areas assigned such as but not limited to:
anticoagulation clinics, intensive medical home, transition of
care, Discharge Medication reconciliation, etc.
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost effective drug therapies for
patients according to established policies, procedures, and
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug
interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness
of drug and dose.
- Assists with pharmacokinetics consult service and renal drug
dosing per hospital protocol.
- Reads, extracts and interprets information in patient medical
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately
and in a timely manner.
- Sustains the hospital drug formulary, minimizing non-formulary
procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols and
promoting rational drug therapy selection.
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners
- Provides accurate, adequate and timely drug information to the
hospital's professional staff.
- Provides drug education to patients and their families per
- Participates in the quality improvement and medication use review
activities of the department. Collects data, conducts monitor and
inspections and maintains logs, records and other documentation as
- Conducts designated interventions as defined in department
Clinical Intervention activities (IV to PO, Renal Dosing,
Pharmacokinetic dosing support, Anticoagulation)
- Baseline departmental standards for reporting interventions for
clinical productivity as defined by departmental goals.
- Participates in antibiotic stewardship, opioid stewardship, and
shortage management activities as assigned
- Attends interdisciplinary rounds when assigned
- Provides services efficiently and in a timely fashion
- Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the
- Is punctual and dependable; reports to work as scheduled.
Absenteeism and tardiness are within policy guidelines.
- Maintains a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance. Wears
- Performs work within specified timeframes. Adapts positively to
frequent interruptions and changes in workload and/or work
- Provides courteous, cooperative and timely service to patients,
visitors and staff. Demonstrates good verbal and written
- Works cooperatively with hospital and pharmacy staff. Voices
concerns and suggestions to appropriate persons in a positive
manner. Fosters a team environment.x
- Demonstrates sound professional judgment consistent with
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patients, guests and employee
- Complies with all requirements related to risk management,
safety, security, fire and infection control.
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Complies with all applicable Federal and State laws, rules and
- Works independently with minimal supervision. Organizes and
prioritizes work assignments. Ensures pharmacy services are
provided in a timely manner.
- Answers the telephone, identifying self and department. Directs
calls to appropriate personnel. Answers requests at the window.
- Keeps pharmacy areas and equipment clean, neat and well
JOB STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS
- Required: Graduate of and ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with
a Doctor of Pharmacy degree (preferred) or BS Pharmacy
- Must have State licensure by start date
- Hospital experience preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Pharmacy registration in the State of practice.
- BLS or ACLS; PALS (pediatric practice) within 180 days of start
Keywords: CHRISTUS Health, Longview , Clinical Pharmacist - I Pharm General GSMC Longview C, Other , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!