CMA (Certified Medication Aide) $6,000 Sign on Bonus + Wage Match
Company: Summit LTC
Posted on: August 2, 2022
$6,000 Sign on BonusPOSITION SUMMARYWe are looking for a skilled
CMA (Certified Medication Aide) to become a part of our facility's
compassionate care-giving team. The CMA will interact directly with
patients, providing comfort and transportation, monitoring their
vital signs and assisting with daily living needs. We are searching
for a dedicated, compassionate and energetic individual to be a
vital link between our patients and the nurses and other facility
staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate competence for medication administration.
- Responsible for appropriately administering resident's
prescribed PO, topical (unbroken skin), and rectal medication
according to the physician's orders and Medication Administration
- Notify Charge Nurse immediately of any physical or behavioral
changes in a resident/patient (e.g. difficulty breathing, shortness
of breath, difficult to arouse, confusion, skin breakdown, cuts,
bruising, bleeding, and blisters) including any complaints or
grievances made by the resident.
- Monitors adverse affects of administered medications and
reports them immediately to Charge Nurse.
- Records all medication administration according to company
- Reports any medication errors immediately to Charge Nurse.
- Responsible for maintaining security of the medication cart and
environment free of accident hazards.
- Responsible for observing infection control policies for
- Knows and follows existing lines of communication and
- Perform all resident care as assigned and according to
(facility) nursing department's policies and procedures. Reads and
follows routine daily to ensure provision of appropriate care.
- Attends department meetings, mandatory in services and seminars
- Maintain a minimum of training each year per CMA
- Comply with all confidentiality and privacy requirements and
- Assures that all resident rights are maintained at all times.
Reports any violations or suspected deviations according to
(facility)'s policy and procedures.
- Follow established safety precautions in performance of all
- Wash hands before and after performing any service for the
resident and follow infection control guidelines and universal
- Adhere to all nursing and DHHS policies and procedures.
- Report to work at assigned location with regular, predictable,
and consistent attendance.
- Assist the nurses and other staff as needed.pm21
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma
or relevant qualification.
- Completion of a state-approved CMA certification training
course and maintained in good standing.
- Possession of a current valid Texas driver's license or regular
means of transportation to and from work.
- One (1) year of experience as a nursing assistant in a skilled
rehabilitation, skilled nursing or Long-Term Care (LTC) environment
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be capable of operating a personal computer to enter
resident data as required by regulation and facility policy.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively
with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high
level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law
enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
and holidays.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSCurrent
Registered CMA on the Texas Nurse Aide Registry.PHYSICAL DEMANDS/
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical
- Work requires physical activity including extended periods of
walking and standing with occasional climbing, reaching, carrying,
balancing, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or carry
equipment, files, and other materials weighing up to 50 pounds as
well as push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65
- Ability to transfer, and reposition a resident to or from a
bed, wheelchair, and use a mechanical lift, toilet, tub, shower,
occasionally varying degrees of pushing, pulling and lifting due to
the differences in resident weights.
- Must be able to continuously perform simple manipulative
dexterity tasks such as the equipment listed above as well as
safety pin buckles and tie strings. Occasionally perform difficult
- Must be able to detect the smell of smoke, spoiled food, soiled
- The employee must be able to continuously hear normal sounds
and voice patterns with some background noise. Must have adequate
verbal instructions. Must be able to hear audible emergency
signals, alarms, call, light indicators and to be able to answer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Must be
able to continuously notice a change in the resident (breathing,
color, skin breakdown, etc.) Ability to focus and read a
- Visual abilities, correctable to normal ranges, include close,
distance and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those employee encounters while performing
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work is performed indoors in a health care facility.
- Work is performed during assigned shift; however, hours will
occasionally include varied days, hours, holidays, weekends, and
overtime as needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate,
but can occasionally be loud. Subject to frequent
- Incumbents in this position may be exposed to
infectious/communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, and
potential risk of injury from distraught individuals.
- Frequent exposure to chemical compounds of medication and
- Frequent exposure to microbial bacteria and other infectious
agents inherent to care of ill residents.
- Continuous exposure to latex, Tyvex, plastic and/or materials
which are used for personal protective equipment.
- Stress of working with sick residents and their families,
combined with the resident who may be confused, irrational, highly
agitate mood swings. (Frequently)
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and
federal agency personnel and residents.Summit LTC is an equal
opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
Keywords: Summit LTC, Longview , CMA (Certified Medication Aide) $6,000 Sign on Bonus + Wage Match, Other , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!