Company: Genesis Prime Care
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob SummaryPatient Liaisons are tasked with
providing information and support to the clinic patients, as well
as their relatives and caregivers. These liaisons must be friendly
and have interpersonal skills while also remaining communicative at
all times, as they are expected to provide information in ways that
are easily understood and processed by non-medical professionals.
Read More...Patient Liaisons also work with others in their
position to navigate organizational barriers and overcome problems
as they arise. Strong communication skills are important in this
position, as is a solid understanding of the medical field in which
they work, and they should have strong mental fortitude in
preparation for dealing with life-changing illnesses and clients'
grief. Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Patient Liaison performs the
following duties as assigned. Primary Functions:
- Greets patients and visitors upon arrival.
- Ensure patients, visitors, and vendors are performing COVID
screening checks when entering the facility including temperature
checks and completing a screening questionnaire.
- Patient Liaison must wear required Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) including gloves, face mask, eye protection, and
gown while on duty screening patients. Secondary Functions (as
- Serve as intermediary between health care organization and
patients, and patients' relatives in resolving patient care
- Escorting the patient through our system from waiting room to
- Staying in constant communication by updating the patient on
length of time before provider arrives for exam.
- Issuing snacks and drinks to waiting patients
- Assisting with lengthy paperwork given to each patient.
- Convey questions, complaints, problems, and concerns of
patients to proper personnel.
- Resolve patients' complaints and grievances during their
- Obtaining patient satisfaction survey cards.
- Demonstrates strong initiative to get daily work finished and
- Communicates effectively with patients, physicians, providers
- Demonstrates accurate judgment.
- Notify supervisor of any problems, in a timely manner and works
to resolve said issues Fulfills administrative duties.
- Assists in maintaining an efficient, safe, secure, orderly, and
aseptic environment of care for all patients and employees.
- Is familiar with and abides by OSHA Standards, Hazardous
Materials, Universal Precautions, use of personal protective
equipment, Evacuation, Fire, Disaster, and Safety Plans.
- If bilingual, translates in Spanish between non-Spanish
speaking staff and Spanish speaking patients as requested.Performs
all other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of protocols in general and an ability to quickly
gain specific knowledge of the Clinic's current operational
- Knowledge of medical terminology and appropriate
- Ability to read and comprehend short correspondence, and
- Ability to document, with clarity, all information relevant to
a patient's needs
- Ability to effectively present information in small group
situations to patients, Clinic staff, and the general public.
- Ability to work cooperatively with community agency personnel
to coordinate services for patients
- Ability to use office equipment including but not limited to
computers, fax machines, telephones and copiers
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources Preferred
- Spanish speaking and writing skills Credentials and Experience
- One (1) year of practice experience in a clinic office
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Keywords: Genesis Prime Care, Longview , Patient Liaison, Other , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!