Posted on: November 21, 2022
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next
employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you
want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as
the communities that they are in? At Cadence Bank we are more than
just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values
and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with
Position: Personal Banker IV
Physical Location: 1101 Pinecrest Drive East, Marshall, TX
Reports To: Local Bank Manager, Relationship Manager or
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions
Job Group Category: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Normally M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, may vary between
Primary Purpose: The ideal Personal Banker uncovers the financial
needs of each customer and makes recommendations to address those
needs. The Personal Banker performs customer services, such as
opening new accounts, establishing direct deposit accounts, opening
retirement accounts, assisting customers with queries concerning
bank services, and provides basic cash receipt and payment services
in accordance with Cadence procedures. The Personal Banker is
responsible for developing new business relationships and
maintaining existing relationships. The Personal Banker 4 assists
Relationship Managers within retail bank locations in the
preparation, set up and processing of consumer and commercial
loans, and other various duties as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the branch in achieving individual and team goals,
while always acting in the customers best interest.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all customers while
treating all customers and prospects in a fair and equitable
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of bank products and
- Engages customers and prospects through the use of questions to
discover financial needs.
- Presents and educates customers and prospects on the benefits
of solutions offered by Cadence, including digital services and
other self-service options.
- Actively refers customers to appropriate specialists and other
lines of business to fulfill specialized needs.
- Assists customers with routine inquiries regarding account
balances and account information.
- Proactively seeks prospects for new business through outreach
- Assists customers by answering questions, researching
transactions, etc., while maintaining compliance and policy
- Represents the bank in community affairs and civic
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Opens new deposit accounts and performs maintenance as needed
on existing deposit accounts including:
- Prepares account paperwork, receives new account deposits and
ensures that all accounts are properly processed.
* Performs teller duties including:
- Processes checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies
amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals after verification of
customers signatures and balances.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares total
amounts to computer-generated sheet and reports any discrepancies
to the Head Teller as necessary.
- Checks night depository bags and records proper
- Ensures that the teller stations are properly stocked with
forms, supplies, etc.
* Performs loan assistant functions including:
- Review loan documents for errors and compliance issues.
- Assemble loan packages.
- Perform loan closing on occasion.
- Remit Deeds, UCCs, and titles for recording if applicable.
- Review and work loan exception reports.
- Prepare and process line of credit draws.
- Prepare and submit loan payments.
- Process payments for loan closing fees to third parties.
- Verify insurance policies on collateral.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures (1 to 2 years of loan
preparation and processing experience preferred).
- Successful completion of in-house training program or other
approved training program.
- Prefer six months experience in the teller function, as well as
sales experience, particularly in cross-marketing products and
- Excellent sales, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of Cadences products and services.
- Above average computer and keyboard skills
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or
any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal
Keywords: BancorpSouth, Longview , Personal Banker, Other , Marshall, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!