Central Processing Tech - PRN
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: November 26, 2022
PRN Central Processing Tech needed. The central sterile processing
technician coordinates and collaborates the overall cleaning,
decontamination, assembly and dispensing of surgical instruments,
equipment and supplies needed for daily surgical procedures in
surgery and related departments.
The Instrument Technician is responsible for the care and
preparation of surgical instruments and supplies. The technician
maintains established inventory levels by checking supplies and
equipment. Orders supplies for the area. The technician performs
the appropriate testing of all sterilizers and keeps accurate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard precautions, aseptic technique and
principles of sterilization and instrument handling.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Participates in opportunities of continuing education.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize recognized channels of
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain good interpersonal
relationships with patients, co workers, and other health team
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Instrument technician experience, 2 years or equivalent
experience in hospital materials management department.
- No license required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Longview , Central Processing Tech - PRN, Other , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!