Company: Heartis Assisted Living & Memory Care
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*JOB DESCRIPTION *
*POSITION TITLE*: Care Partner
*POSITION SUMMARY: * Responsible for the provision of resident
services, including assistance with personal care, medications,
social and recreational activities, meal services, and other tasks
as needed to facilitate the continued well being of the resident.
assures residents are: kept safe; clean; comfortable; practice
appropriate hygiene; involved in the
Fountainview Estates program socially; and are aware of rules and
*REPORTS TO*: Executive Director
1. Adheres to and conveys a philosophy that supports the dignity,
privacy, independence, choice, and individuality of residents.
2. Reviews resident Service Plans as needed to gain and maintain a
familiarity with resident services needs and preferences.
3. Reviews the Staff Communication log and corresponding resident
Service Notes on a daily basis for information about changes in
resident service needs and/or health conditions.
4. Provides personal services to residents as assigned and as
indicated on resident Service Plans.
All assigned residents are bathed and well groomed daily and
dressed appropriately for the weather.
5. Assists residents with medications and/or treatments as
indicated in the medication book, as assigned and allowed by
regulation. Assures that all medications are supervised
100% of the time. Orders medication from the pharmacy in a timely
6. Responds to calls from the emergency call system in a timely
7. Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control
8. Assists as requested with meal services, including setting up
tables, serving meals and cleaning up the dining room.
9. Assists in maintaining a clean, comfortable and safe environment
by providing housekeeping services as needed. All rooms, buildings,
facilities and equipment used and returned to an orderly, clean and
safe fashion after each use.
10. Assists with individual resident and group social /
recreational activities as requested; encourages resident
participation in activities.
1 of 3
11. Monitors for changes in resident needs, preferences, and/or
health status, and reports/documents any changes according to
12. Completes incident reports for all unusual incidents including
resident injuries prior to the end of their shift.
13. Responds to emergencies in an appropriate manner as per
14. Reports any abuse, suspected abuse or alleged abuse to the
15. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Desire to work with the elderly in an environment that upholds
their privacy, dignity, choice, independence, and
2. Able to organize and utilize time appropriately to accomplish
assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
3. Able to work well with others and to function effectively as
part of a team.
4. Good grooming and a willingness to follow dress
5. Cheerful, enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to learn new
6. Able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds, to occasionally lift
more than 50 pounds, and to spend long periods of time
7. Weekends and holidays are required.
8. All general staffing requirements:
--- Free of communicable disease
--- Able to physically/mentally perform tasks, as verified by a
health screening that includes
--- Criminal record clearance
--- Current CPR certification
--- Ability to read, write and understand English
--- General understanding of the needs of the elderly
--- Willingness to learn
--- Maintains an attendance record that remains within the
established attendance policy
--- Follows all procedures and policies in relation to requesting
time off, documenting time worked, and use of PTO
2 of 3
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*:
Must be at least 18 years of age. High school graduate or
equivalent GED preferred. Experience with elderly individuals
preferred. Must maintain current CPR certification and meet
inservice training requirements. Experience performing care giving
I have read the above job description, understand the conditions
set forth therein, and will perform these duties to the best of my
Signature of Employee Date
Signature of Executive Director/Designee Date
3 of 3
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Longview, TX 75604: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Heartis Assisted Living & Memory Care, Longview , Caregiver, Other , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!