Environmental Compliance Specialist
Company: GPM Investments, LLC
Posted on: January 24, 2023
- Provides daily support and management of company operated and
applicable wholesale locations to ensure that incident management
meets or exceeds federal, state and local regulations and reduces
company liability. Includes electronic/paper filing, scanning,
mailing, all of which should be based on company/department
- Cultivate and maintain positive professional relationships with
all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and
- Respond to any discrepancies or violations immediately and
ensure the appropriate resolution is reached without exceeding
- Notify the Environmental Incident Manager immediately of all
violation notices and/or incidents that involve a threat to public
safety or risk to the company.
- Track and maintain updated incident management documentation to
include, but not limited to, company operated locations, applicable
wholesalelocations, and other properties where GPM is shown as the
responsible party or is responsible for the portfolio management of
certain 3rd party liabilities.
- Maintain accurate and updated compliance and environmental
incident reporting documents for financial and insurance
- Utilize the most cost-effective method to manage remedial
projects that are identified to be the responsibility of the
company or a third party.
- Assist in preparing annual environmental maintenance budget,
semi-annual accrual, business plans, and annual performance review
to meet established deadlines.
- Meet all established performance goals by agreed deadlines
- Work with consultants to produce a semi-annual accrual, and/or
other report(s) that accurately project spending, reimbursement,
and steps to closure for all company and/or third-party remedial
incident projects. Monitor, control and reduce spending activity to
ensure cost is within or below budget. -
- Coordinate with environmental consultants, contractors, and
state regulatory agencies to move open incident remediation
projects toward closure.
- Review contractors work onsite when applicable and/or
electronically, for overcharges and to ensure that services are
performed according toapplicable GPM environmental specifications,
standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate cost with competitive service providers for a
reduction in spending.Review and process environmental consultant
billings to ensure charges and allocated to correct GL.
- Coordinate meetings with company Executive/Management staff to
present semi- annual reports, company liability issues, and
training. Possible interaction with various individuals including,
but not limited to, lawyers and adjacent business/homeowners,
- Periodically attend operations/wholesale meetings and
conference calls to provide incident/compliance risk management
training and review.
- Track company environmental incident management equipment.
- Provides oversight of liability associated with gasoline
release events andmake decisions to effectively reduce company
- Develop, implement, and coordinate emergency response to
release and vapor events as necessary.
- Assist in training of new Environmental Team members.
- Provide oversight, training, and guidance for Environmental
Incident Support Position.
- Select and oversee environmental consultants and contractors
- Manage incident-related environmental due diligence for
- Track state fund, insurance, and escrow reimbursement.
- Compile and submit all reimbursement claims by appropriate
- Attend field remediation visits.
- Obtain UST Operator A/B Certifications in the states and
jurisdictions in which GPM operates.
- Remain current with all environmental regulations and as they
apply to our industry.
- Respond to any issues after normal business hours which impact
normal business operation or as requested by the Environmental
Incident Manager or Executive Team.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by the Environmental
Incident Manager or Executive Team.Qualifications
- BS degree or extensive environmental
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interact with Executive and Management staff at all
- Detailed oriented
- Strong computer, MS Office skills
- Ability to effectively, plan, implement and follow through with
projects or tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, data related environment with
limited direct supervision
- Overnight travel required
- Able to learn and maintain working knowledge of applicable
environmental regulations and acronyms.
- Maintain professional relationships with contractors, peers,
supervisors, and regulatory agencies.
- Able to work in team environment, and demonstrate courtesy,
tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
Keywords: GPM Investments, LLC, Longview , Environmental Compliance Specialist, Other , Texarkana, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!