Posted on: May 24, 2023
A well-established manufacturer in Texas is searching for a -CNC
Machinist -to join their team! A leader in their respective markets
while also committed to both customers and employees. Great
benefits and a fantastic work environment with long-term growth
opportunities.CNC Machinist -Responsibilities
- Reads and interprets blueprints. Plans machining by studying
work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials,
specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations
of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric
dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Create product blueprints and drawings with detailed GD&T
specifications for products and tooling designs.
- Ability to write and edit programs manually.
- Write programs using a CAM software on a computer based off
specifications from Engineer Department. Program new jobs via CAM
- Setup and operate CNC Mills and CNC Lathes: Properly and safely
selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting
tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines as
outlined in setup sheets. Recognizes, deploys, and properly uses
inserts, fixtures, and tooling. Uses gauges and precision measuring
instruments to meet tolerance requirements. Drilling, boring,
tapping, broaching, keyways, threading and grinding.
- Maintain strict tolerances of within .0005 plus or minus.
- Works with and assists Engineer Department with first run of
parts and prototypes. Set up and run prototype parts on CNC
- Plan machine operations and production goals, accounting for
work orders, materials on hand, specifications and machining
- Performs QA on first part and then periodically during run
using calipers, height gauge, micrometers, depth gauges and gauge
- Detect defects and checks for adherence to blueprint
specifications. Reports defective materials, tooling, equipment or
questionable conditions to management.
- Correct mistakes immediately and takes measures to prevent it
from happening again in the future.
- Works with Procurement Management for supplies and logistics.
Keeps track of material and supply inventories. Replacement tools,
parts and equipment.
- Learn and use established practices, manual instructions and
improve on them for subsequent operations to maximize department
efficiency and productivity.
- Evaluates experimental procedures and recommend change or
modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and
- Learn, understand, and adhere to company policies and
- Adhere to preventative maintenance, safety procedure
requirements and over all cleanliness.
- Make routine repair on machines using manual or past knowledge
- Implement and maintain 5S techniques.CNC Machinist Requirements
- 2-5 years of CNC machining and engineering.
- Knowledge of setting up and running a cell environment, welding
experience preferred but not required, knowledge and/or experience
of die-making preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of tool offsets, speeds and feeds for
cutting various materials
- Strong programming, problem solving, analytical, mathematical,
mechanical and communication skills.
- Leadership and organizational skills to meet daily demands for
- Estimate time and materials for machine jobs; strong time
- Punctual and able to commit to a 40- hour work week,
Hardworking and reliable.Please submit a resume for consideration.
Only those qualified applicants that provide a resume will be
contacted.If you would like to learn more about Manufacturing,
Production, or Operations opportunities, contact Michael Zarkesh
with gpac at (605) 705-4838. Resumes can be confidentially sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org.Connect with me on LinkedIn
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: GPAC, Longview , CNC Machinist, Other , Kilgore, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...