Service Tech I - IFR
Posted on: May 15, 2019
This is a Temporary position. Potential to go full time.
Can you represent our company in this technical role*
You will conduct service call and identify equipment discrepancies.
You will prepare accurate and timely TWS sheets and reports. You
will provide customer service in the area of inspecting, testing,
maintenance and repair of Life Safety Equipment to include but not
limited to fire extinguishers, fire hose, Gas Detection Monitors,
SCBA etc. You will need to have a basic knowledge of regulatory
standards pertaining to assigned duties; i.e., State, OSHA, NFPA
regulations and guidelines. You will assist with shipping and
receiving as needed.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain
solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of
maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical
products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in
facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is
headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA,
part of the global Sonepar family.
Working at Vallen
At Vallen, we are committed to the success of our customers and our
co-workers and do what it takes to get the job done right. We work
diligently to improve and drive results that create value. We re
hands-on, responsive and team-oriented. We apply our insights,
experience and relationships to find the best solution to every
challenge. We hold ourselves to be personally accountable to do
what we say we will do.
Qualifications & Benefits
* Experience in the Inspection, Testing, Maintenance and Repair of
Life Safety Equipment a plus
* Ability to repair and service equipment sold by Vallen.
* Current Motor Vehicle License with good driving record.
* Proficient with hand tools.
* Able to complete repairs and maintenance of equipment in a timely
and accurate manner.
* Able to provide assistance, advice and training to Vallen
associates and plant personnel.
* Assist warehouse personnel with order fulfillment if needed.
* Maintain minimum productivity of 80% within 60 days.
* Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by
completing continuing education as required.
* Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational,
process and quality instructions).
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive
Keywords: Vallen, Longview , Service Tech I - IFR, Other , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!