Fire Alarm & Suppression Systems Technician
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Could you be our next Service Technician Superstar*
You will provide quality service to customers and assist Vallen
Safety Services technicians with proper training in Vallen standard
operating procedures. You will provide customer service in the area
of performing Inspections, Testing, Maintenance and repairs of
conventional and addressable fire alarm systems including fixed
fire suppression systems (Halon 1301, FM-200, Sapphire, CO2, etc.).
You may be requested to assist with job coordination in the absence
of the Technical Lead. You may lead other technicians in areas of
expertise and be responsible for interacting with customers to
coordinate job activities. You are also responsible for all reports
and documentation associated with assigned tasks are completed
accurately and timely. You may be responsible for parts and
equipment request for jobs and the maintenance of inventories
related to jobs and maintenance orders. You will need to understand
regulatory standards pertaining to assigned duties; i.e. State,
OSHA, and NFPA regulations. You will assist in shipping and
receiving as needed for supporting the team.
Qualifications & Benefits
* Must hold a current State of Texas Fire Alarm and Fire
Extinguisher A License.
* Experience preferred working with Fire Alarm & Fixed Suppression
* Minimum 5-8 years experience in fire protection or related field
in an industrial atmosphere
* Experience in perform small construction projects, erection of
conduit (Rigid & EMT), etc.
* Must have the flexibility to make after-hours service calls.
* Must hold current TWIC card and valid driver s license.
* NICET Certification in fire protection is preferred
* Mechanically inclined
* Advance industry segment knowledge
* Maintain minimum productivity of 90% within 60 days
* Must be capable to successfully manage a customer acct or
* Ability to repair and service equipment sold by Vallen
* Current Motor Vehicle License with good driving record
* Commercial Driver s License is a plus
* Proficient with hand tools and power tools
* Able to complete repairs and maintenance of equipment in a timely
and accurate manner
* Able to provide assistance, advice, and training to Vallen
associates and plant personnel
* Assist warehouse personnel with order fulfillment if needed
* Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by
completing continuing education as required
* Must pass Drug & Alcohol screen, Physical exam, and background
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain
solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of
maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical
products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in
facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is
headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA,
part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and
What are the Benefits*
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive
Keywords: Vallen, Longview , Fire Alarm & Suppression Systems Technician, Professions , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!