Facility Maintenance Technician
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Industrial & Facility Maintenance TechnicianJob DescriptionThe
PlaceSmallwoods is a fast-growing company centered around providing
families with timeless d--cor that makes a house a home. Family
defines who we are and embodies what we do. We value walking
alongside a customer as they capture memories and milestones, and
then essentially welcoming them to the Smallwoods family. We
appreciate our snacks and coffee and will occasionally tolerate a
good Dad joke. Still interested? Read on.The PositionDiagnose and
repair assigned machinery, change and/or repair parts, or perform
other routine machinery and facility maintenance assigned by
supervisor. These duties are to be performed within safety,
quality, and production standards.
- Trouble shoots machinery and performs necessary adjustments to
keep it operational.
- Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents,
cloths, air guns, hoses, vacuums, or other equipment.
- Collaborate with other Team Members to repair or move machines,
machine parts, or equipment.
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and other refuse in
order to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts and mark defective areas
or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments,
according to production specifications.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and
equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine
efficiency and to detect problems.
- Transport machine parts, tools, equipment, and other material
between work areas and storage, using cranes, hoists, or
- Set up and operate machines and adjust controls to regulate
- Performs inspections to assure compliance with
- Work in a clean, public environment with expectations of
courtesy and respect to customers
- Safety and cleanliness of workstation areas is of utmost
- Must maintain a clean, professional, safety minded appearance
at all times
- Conduct repairs on general maintenance
- Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed
- Ability to perform tasks and willingness to ask questions
regarding safety and work procedures
- Ability to occasionally work from ladders and power lifts
- Must be a self-starter and team player
- Perform general cleaning and other tasks as assigned
- All other duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge and experience working on pneumatics
- Extensive knowledge and experience working on electrical
- Demonstrated experience as a maintenance technician/paint
- Physically capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Strong understanding of general maintenance processes and
- Working knowledge of toolsThe PerksWe foster a culture that is
saturated in hard work, but still family focused.We provide the
opportunity to work in an environment that encourages creativity
and innovation.We offer skill set maturity through professional
development and training.We offer product discounts for
employees.We encourage good doses of fresh air and vitamin D.Job
Type: Full-timePay: From $19.75 per hourBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 10 hour shift
- Night shiftApplication Question(s):
- Were you referred by a Smallwoods Employee? If so,
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Preferred)Shift availability:
- Night Shift (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Smallwoods, Longview , Facility Maintenance Technician, Professions , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!