Lead Maintenance and Repair Technician - Life Safety Services
Company: Vallen USA
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Position Summary: The primary purpose and objective for the Lead
LSS (Life Safety Services) Tech position is to Lead Technicians in
the Installation and/or Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance to
Life Safety Systems and equipment for established customers on a
scheduled basis. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the quality of service provided to our
customers, ensure that Vallen personnel are following Vallen
standard operating procedures, and that assigned HTS technicians
are being properly trained and utilized.
- May also have scheduling responsibilities.
- Leads small groups or on-site service centers within area of
- May be responsible for interacting with the customers to
coordinate job activities.
- Responsible for ensuring all documentation associated with
assigned tasks is filled out accurately, completely & turned in for
- Ensures all required copies provided to the customer upon
- In depth knowledgeable of all applicable regulatory standards
pertaining to assigned duties, i.e., State, OSHA, and NFPA
- Responsible for Parts & Equipment requests.
- Maintaining accurate inventories related to job and maintenance
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in
merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders &
distributing to sales associates for processing.
- May include the use of company provided assets such as but not
limited to: Company Vehicle, Inventory, Safety Equipment, Laptop,
LSI Scanner, Test Equipment, Tools, Radio, Cell Phone, Fuel Card
and/or Credit Card.Job Qualifications:
- High School or GED
- Minimum 4 Certifications (manufacturing/state) in a fire
protection related field
- NICET II or greater
- Fire Alarm & Ext A and 5+ years' experience or
- WBS Construction and 5+ years' experience
- RME-I (if applicable)
- Mechanically inclined
- Advance communication, initiative, and problem-solving
- Specific - RELEVENT experience
- Experience in the installation and/or maintenance, repair and
service of life safety systems and equipment.
- Advance industry segment knowledge.
- Maintain minimum productivity of 90% within 60 days.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a Customer Acct or
- Ability to repair and service equipment sold by Vallen.
- Current Motor Vehicle License with good driving record.
- Commercial Driver's License required if carrying loads of
- Proficient with hand tools.
- Able to complete repairs and maintenance of equipment in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Able to provide assistance, advice and training to Vallen
associates and plant personnel.
- Assist warehouse personnel with order fulfillment if
- Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by
completing continuing education as required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational,
process and quality instructions). Work Environment & Physical
Demands:Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be
implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions of this position.
- Working conditions will vary with service work being performed
indoors and out in the field.
- Possibility of working in hazardous environments when working
within a plant which would require safety precautions and
- Ability to work in climatic weather (cold/heat) during day or
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear.
- Occasional lifting of items weighting a maximum of 55
- Ability to climb stairwells up to 15 levels high.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders (step, extension, cage)
up to 24' high.
- Able to walk at a normal pace for up to 15 continuous
- Able to work from a standing position for 8-10 hours.
- Bending, climbing, and stooping as needed for access of
equipment to repair and service.
- Pass all test requirements to be approved to work offshore. (If
Applicable) About VallenVallen is an industry leader in delivering
flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a
comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production,
safety, and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of
customers in facilities across North America and around the world.
Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of
Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.Stay up to date with
Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
Keywords: Vallen USA, Longview , Lead Maintenance and Repair Technician - Life Safety Services, Professions , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!