Maintenance Technician - All Levels
Company: Advanced Technology Services
Posted on: April 12, 2019
Maintenance and Repair Longview, TexasPosition at Advanced
Technology Services, Inc.
ATS makes factories run better. For the second year in a row,
Advanced Technology Services, Inc. (ATS) receives top honors in
three categories as an industry leader from the International
Association of Outsourcing Professionals. ATS improves productivity
and profitability for many of the world's most respected
manufacturers including Eaton Corporation and Caterpillar, through
improved factory production equipment maintenance, industrial parts
repair and IT solutions. Founded in 1985, ATS employs approximately
3,000 people across the US, Mexico and the UK and is headquartered
in Peoria, Illinois.
Do you enjoy troubleshooting, problem-solving, and having every day
be different? Then perhaps being an ATS Manufacturing Maintenance
Technician (electrician, mechanic, multi-skilled technician) is
where you should be. You will work on-site in the aerospace,
construction equipment, automotive or other top industries,
repairing manufacturing equipment, ensuring a well-running,
efficient factory. As a Maintenance Technician, (knowledgeable and
competent as a production equipment electrician, mechanic,
multi-skilled technician) you'll capitalize and build upon all your
industrial knowledge and skill base. Varied work, competitive pay,
and professional development, it's all here for you, a
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician with ATS!
Under supervision, performs mid to expert level mechanical,
electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive
maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals,
diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Performs mid to expert level break-fix preventative
maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises
in operation to location root cause of problem dismantling devices
to gain access to and remove defective parts examining parts to
detect imperfections adjustment of functional parts of devices and
control instruments repair and/or replacement of defective parts
testing of device to observe performance and performing tests for
electrical circuitry and mechanical systems reconditioning and
repairing machine tools.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining
operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press,
grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May
perform welding tasks.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Drives and participates in CI activities - processes, results
and cost savings.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems to resolve software/
hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect
equipment performance data.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership
to small teams. Performs more advanced functions as a part of
training and development.
- Completes on-the-job and technical self-study programs for
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations,
technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and
identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand walk use hands/fingers to handle, or feel reach
with hands and arms climb, ascend/descend or balance to heights
that may require a ladder or lift stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in
confined spaces and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
more than 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to use
close vision and color vision. The employee is occasionally exposed
to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. Work is
typically performed in a factory environment and is usually very
loud. In the factory environment, the employee may be exposed to
hazardous materials and/or greasy or slippery factory floors.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors Required:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 3 years of related
experience in general industry or 5 years of related experience in
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control
systems. Can analyze problems and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as
- May be required to travel.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability
insurance and a flexible spending account - save money pre-tax for
eligible medical expenses
- Employee Assistance Program and Comprehensive Wellness
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match - to prepare
for your future
- Extensive Safety Training, New Hire Orientation, Continuous
Learning and Development programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time - encouraging work-life
What do our Manufacturing Maintenance Technicians have to say?
"It engages you professionally, and provides learning
"Lots of potential in providing services and lots of growth
"The company's young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be
Not just a job - a great place to work!
ATS is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all
aspects of employment to all applicants and employees, regardless
of age, color, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability,
veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected
Keywords: Advanced Technology Services, Longview , Maintenance Technician - All Levels, Professions , Longview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!